“Horrible customer service!”

Ranked #146 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Middletown, Ohio
“Horrible customer service!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I recently booked this hotel for a spring break family trip. I called before and after making my reservation to confirm we would be in a king suite with partial room divider and close to the pool, I was assured both times that would be the room we would get. Upon arrival and check in we where not in that room. After dodging all the goose droppings right outside the door we made our way to the room. The front desk actually called and asked if we were ok with the room and I explained we were not to which she responded...well there is nothing I can do we only have that room available for tonight not tomorrow...which I found weird earlier in the day it was reserved for ME for two nights! I tried to call the choice customer service and still the front desk would not work with us at all!! I asked for a manager and was told that he never comes on property and didn't speak to customers? Poor customer service and the room wasn't even clean when we checked in there was hair in the bathroom not to mention the wall and ceiling was patched very poorly...not what I would expect from a choice hotel.

We ended being moved to another hotel and having to pay again and now hopefully will receive a refund from this place....I would recommend looking at your room before you check in. Front desk staff was very rude with not only me but the choice customer service representative as well.
Too many other hotels comparable to this one to settle! I suggest the Comfort Inn in Fishers!

Room Tip: Check your room before checking in. And be prepared for zero customer service!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The construction was annoying but understandable. The management was difficult to work with. The rooms were ok. The food service was good and the regular staff was very hospitable. The location is a little off the beaten path and not very close to shopping, restaurants, etc. You would think they would have lower prices because this fact.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank IndyOpen
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I planned to a quick get away for Valentines day mainly to use the pool and hot tub. I called and inquired about the facilities just to make sure that no renovations etc. would prevent the use of the pool to hot tub. The lady replied that they were filling the hot tub and it was working. I called back later to verify that all was well before booking the room. We checked in and when we got to the room there was dirt and hair stuck to the side of the toilet. All of the regulating on the tub was pealing off. The room smelled and there was a lot of dust around and behind the bed.
We went down stairs to check out the pool area. The hot tub was not working and had a huge filthy ring around the water line. The pool was so cold that it wasn't possible to get in it. The us deck area no longer has heat lamps in it, just regular white lights.
To make a long story short we immediately went to the front desk and asked that our money be returned as we were not going to stay. We were told that no charges would be made to our credit card. Well they lied again. We were charged. We called and it was returned, nearly 2 weeks later. Then the next day the charge re-appeared. So it appears that they steal as well as lie. Several other calls have been made without satisfactory results. We will be filing a complaint with our bank in order to resolve this.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherrie B
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I just attended the WhosyerCon gaming convention which takes place at this hotel each year. I am impressed by the supportiveness of the hotel staff in helping to meet the needs of the Con-goers. The hotel itself is a bit run down as evidenced by seats breaking in the theater (which happened during the convention), carpets looking fringed, etc. the rooms were nice for the price. This is not the highest quality hotel but it does have nice amenities, such as the pool and hot tub that both have electric hoyer lifts for those who are not able to get themselves into the water due to a handicap or paralyzation. Ample parking, their vending machines accept debit cards and it currently has a good amount of space for conventions and conferences.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lishness
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel annually for a meeting that attracts about 50 members of a special interest group. Rooms are comfortable and there are some recent renovations that have improved several areas. Staff has always been efficient. There are two large ballrooms connected to the residential part of this hotel. Our group uses one that has a stage for musical performances and considerable space for displays. The pool area is attractive, and many rooms overlook this large open space. Location is quiet, with no traffic noise. The ballrooms do not create any noise that reaches individual rooms. The hotel has direct access to the interstate highway. While the nature of the property may not be suited to formal business meetings due to its informality, it is very supportive of many other gatherings as well as family visits.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are an especially good value and there is no need to worry about noise levels.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TomHustad
Rochelle, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Found this location by accident because we were forced off the roads during the snowstorm on 1/5. What a lucky break! My wife and I and 2 grand daughters were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly lady. Given a room, pool side. The room was clean and large. Since all the roads in Indianapolis were closed we were unable to get out to eat. The staff went out of their way to get us sandwiches and fruit. We couldnt' have been at a better place during the snow storm! The grand daughters enjoyed the pool and I the hot tub. May make a trip to Indianapolis just to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I had some rewards points to spend so we took a little road trip to Indy and I had enough points to cover 1 night free and another for $17. We stayed a 3rd night for a very reasonable rate.We wanted a hotel that had 6 non negotiable amenities. 1. Indoor pool 2. whirl pool 3. fitness room 4. free breakfast 5. free wifi 6. takes our small dog/pet friendly
A little off the beaten path, but still a short drive to wherever you need to go. It's an older hotel that had some recent remodeling, but still shows it's age. The hotel is very big so walking to the pool and lobby is almost a workout in itself. Breakfast was adequate, but not spectacular. Staff was very good. Overall I was quite pleased for the value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family