“Not impressed. At all.”

Ranked #143 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not impressed. At all.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business conference. I was in a standard 2 double room overlooking the atrium area of the hotel. Upon first arrival check-in was fine- my room was not quite ready (we were early) but I received my room keys a little later. There have been some recent upgrades to this hotel (paint, bedding, new microwaves and refrigerators, etc) so I was pleasantly surprised when I first walked in. The room was spacious and appeared to be clean (more on that later). I documented my room and the atrium/pool area.

Once I started looking closer, I found several things wrong, one of which was disturbing. The sink in the bathroom had a faulty stopper, so maintenance came and took the stopper completely out, so I took my jewelry off far away from the bathroom for fear of my rings/earrings going down the drain, never to be seen again. The second thing I found were cigarette burns on the new bedding. The last was just plain icky - while hunting for an outlet to plug the iron into, I found a pair of obviously used men's underwear behind the dresser, so that was gross.

I didn't have time to get into the pool or hot tub, but the hot tub looked dirty (there was a ring at the water level). Clarion needs to hire a new pool maintenance company.

I tried the free continental breakfast the next morning - but you should skip it and buy breakfast elsewhere, as there wasn't a large selection, the coffee was undrinkable and the sausages were too much for the cheap plastic cutlery provided. Just not appetizing at all.

The gym set-up was strange; I tried my room key in the lock and it didn't work - there was a sign asking you to notify the front desk if you wanted to use the gym. So I have to ask permission? Odd.

The rest of the hotel was ok. The restrooms in the main hall have been updated, which is good. Housekeeping did seem to make the attempt to keep the conference rooms clean throughout the evening. But for my group's next conference, I'm not staying here. I'll be staying at the nearest Hampton I can find!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Allen Park, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Myself and my Indy 500 group again stayed here for race weekend. This makes 6 years in a row. Each year has been a very enjoyable experience. The staff is as friendly as ever and they were more than helpful with a couple of needs we had. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The updates the hotel has put in over the last few years has really sharpened the place up. The pool was also clean and very refreshing. For being essentially sold out and very busy, it was never to loud, no obnoxiousness and despite the amount of people staying during the weekend, the staff was very prepared and professional. Breakfast was pretty standard for this type of hotel. Waffles and fruit filled us up enough until we could get some turkey legs at the track. The bar on site was open for a nice, relaxing beer on the patio by the lake after the race. Only thing that would definitely be welcomed would be if the restaurant was open and serving food. Hopefully maybe next year.

On behalf of myself and our Michigan IndyCar group, thank you Clarion Waterfront for another very enjoyable stay. Great job all around!

J. Belanger
Allen Park, MI

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank James B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The room was clean except for used Kleenex behind the night stand and we left a tip for the housekeeper for makin our bed and she didn't even make it correctly. I also work at a resort in a different state so I know how things are to be done. Our last night was the worst. They had a group of bikers come in and they were bein really loud outside our room. Drinkin alcohol in glass and aluminum containers in the pool area. Said somethin to front desk and pretty much said he couldn't do anything. They got special treatment. Shawna was very nice about the situation and then we spoke to a manager and she pretty much laughed in our face. This hotel is a joke and don't care about their guest except the ones who continue to come back. Not a good place to stay and the manager is rude.

Stayed May 2014
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've stayed at this location twice and different rooms. In each room the bathroom door rubbed. Maybe motel was built on fill and is settling. I noticed a lack of detail. Silly things like toilette paper not being folded in a triangle but dangling by a foot. Buffet breakfast nothing special. Went to Denny's instead. But it's a great location for attending Speedway functions. We had trouble regulating the temperature. Either too hot or too cold. Room was clean and desk clerk friendly and helpful. Due to location I will continue to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I attended a training seminar for the DART Network from Thursday-Saturday. The hotel is shabby, and chic doesn't go along with it. It has not been renovated or remodeled, it looks like since the 1990's. The "hot tub" didn't work, the strips around the tile floor were lose and several people tripped on them. The bathtub in my room had a stained bottom as if they hadn't scrubbed it hard enough. the toilet was hard to flush, had to hold down the handle. The food we had was very good, don't know if it was catererd or if it was from the hotel. The staff was nice but not outstanding. The bar was small and didn't carry a large variety and they didn't get ESPN!! As a matter of fact the tv set couldn't pick up a lot of stations. the WIFI connection was a joke. All in all if you can, avoid this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Middletown, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I recently booked this hotel for a spring break family trip. I called before and after making my reservation to confirm we would be in a king suite with partial room divider and close to the pool, I was assured both times that would be the room we would get. Upon arrival and check in we where not in that room. After dodging all the goose droppings right outside the door we made our way to the room. The front desk actually called and asked if we were ok with the room and I explained we were not to which she responded...well there is nothing I can do we only have that room available for tonight not tomorrow...which I found weird earlier in the day it was reserved for ME for two nights! I tried to call the choice customer service and still the front desk would not work with us at all!! I asked for a manager and was told that he never comes on property and didn't speak to customers? Poor customer service and the room wasn't even clean when we checked in there was hair in the bathroom not to mention the wall and ceiling was patched very poorly...not what I would expect from a choice hotel.

We ended being moved to another hotel and having to pay again and now hopefully will receive a refund from this place....I would recommend looking at your room before you check in. Front desk staff was very rude with not only me but the choice customer service representative as well.
Too many other hotels comparable to this one to settle! I suggest the Comfort Inn in Fishers!

Room Tip: Check your room before checking in. And be prepared for zero customer service!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The construction was annoying but understandable. The management was difficult to work with. The rooms were ok. The food service was good and the regular staff was very hospitable. The location is a little off the beaten path and not very close to shopping, restaurants, etc. You would think they would have lower prices because this fact.

• Stayed April 2013