“My favorite restaurant.”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,435 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

As usual the food and service were exceptional. It's pricey but worth it. I had the lamb chops with the kona rub creamed spinach and the chocolate expresso cake. I am happy and full. Best wait staff in Indy.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having been to the Capital Grille before, at this and several other locations, my companion and I expected an excellent dinner. The appetizers were fine but the main courses were disappointing. My steak, a bone-in filet, was not as tasty or tender as I would expect. My wife's steak was prepared in a sauce that was not adequately described on the menu or by the waiter. When we complained, they graciously did not charge us, but it still detracted from the evening. I came away thinking that it was either an off night, or quality (both of food and experience) decreased considerably from previous visits.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ate here alone and took a seat at the bar. Ordered a shrimp cocktail served on a bed of ice. Wonderful! Big shrimps too. Followed this with halibut and asparagus – beautiful. And let's not forget the Cabernet – perfect! This place was crowded. It's attached to the Conrad Hotel and it was the most pricey establishment, but well worth it.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

After six years, I have returned to this restaurant.
It was as good as the first time!
These were the best crab/lobsters cakes I have eaten will being in the US.
The Porterhouse Steak was cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat was awesome!
Service was very good and from our apetizers to the end of our dinner, there was no negatie surprise.
We will be back!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My daughter’s birthday dinner choice was perfect; we couldn’t have been more pleased with our recent experience at the Capital Grille. Harry, our waiter, was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. Downtown Indy was bustling during a lovely Spring evening with the added bonus of a Pacer’s home playoff game - the restaurant was packed. We started with a crab cake appetizer and shared a bowl of their famous lobster bisque. Don’t miss the bisque; it’s worth the trip downtown. Steaks were fantastic with a bottle of Frog’s Leap cabernet. The Capital Grille will remain on my top 10 list for great food and a fun atmosphere in downtown Indy.