“A surprisingly good find ”

Saigon Market & Restaurant
Ranked #352 of 2,453 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We came through Indy on a road trip and stopped here for lunch. It was actually very good. We both got one of the 5.99 lunch specials - I the pad Thai and my husband had curry with tofu. Mine was great and my husband said it was one of the best curries he had ever had. A real shocker from the way the place looks (it is apparently an old Bob Evans). We both had Thai Iced Teas and it was really nothing special and was already mixed up (I am a fan of mixing it up myself and it didn't have much taste). All in all, a great place to stop while driving through.

1  Thank Paix607

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch while driving through Indianapolis. This place was definitely a good find. The parking lot is a bit shady, but that’s to be expected in that area of Indy. The decor in the restaurant was really nice and inviting. The have $5.99 lunch specials include choice of soup and choice of either spring roll or chicken egg roll. . They have a large luncheon menu. Mushroom soup was good but average. The spring rolls were also good, although definitely not great. Egg roll was just ok. Our beef dishes were just mediocre but a good value. This is not an upscale Asian restaurant. They have prompt and courteous service and great food on the cheap! We left a bit hungry but what can we expect for $5.99! This used to be a Bob Evans location. Saigon Restaurant has been here for three years.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I used to go frequently in the previous location, which was much smaller and "homier". There some items that are authentic and delicious, including the grilled pork in a wrap and green papaya salad. I was not that crazy for items that contain chicken (overcooked).

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have been to this new, 1 year plus, location which is a vast improvement over their old location. Lots of parking and ample seating. Majority asian clientele! A good sign.

The best dish is the fried fish, usually catfish, with tomatoes. Crispy, moist and easy to debone. The sweet and sour shrimp hot pot was good but the design of the pot makes it difficult to get to the veggies.

Will return to try additional dishes.

We haev a rambucious grand son and they are very tolarant! We arrived early, 4 PM on a Wednesday and had the place to ourselves.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

I really like the grilled pork Vietnamese sub. It tasted very fresh. The appetizer with beef rolled in lemongrass was delicious. The sauce was sweet and savory. I was very pleased with the food!