“Fantastic Healthy Chinese”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I heard that Juping Chi reemerged and purchased Shanghai Lil so we went there for dinner and I'm glad we did. The food was outstanding and of the highest quality. We sampled several original dishes including very fresh seafoods and were very happy. The presentation was a cross between what you would expect from a fine dining experience with a little Juping thrown in if you've ever seen her work before. The servers were great, seeing to our every need and the price was not too bad, considering the extra food we ordered just to try a few things out. Hats off to the new Shanghai Lil and Juping Chi. A delightful evening.

1  Thank Alex K

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Dated looking interior, nice but not extensive menu options, bland food, and an over-the-top manager/bar tender/server who tried too hard to please (if that's even possible). Pot stickers were very good but shredded Peking duck stir fry was light on the duck and heavy on the glass noodles. The meal was totally bland and when I asked for plum sauce I was told, they don't include it because the chef-owner doesn't want to serve it that way. I did get the sauce but it didn't help the (lack of) flavors. Limited wine list and of course they were out of the one I wanted. On a positive note, they are planning some remodeling in November which may help the appearance but not sure it will do much for the food.

1  Thank mywinetutor
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Although not a frequent diner here I always enjoyed my visits, but am not likely to return since my visit last week was so disappointing. First, the new downsized menu no longer offered the items I used to enjoy. Second, the overcooked entree and its blandness were unexpected surprises. A soup, highly hyped on the menu, violated the principle of "under promise and over deliver." I give the staff person who greeted us credit for saying that the service would be slow. If only that had persuaded us to leave.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

There are a handful of Chinese restaurants in Indianapolis which serve authentic Chinese food which is very well prepared, and I'm glad we found this place. The AC was broken when we were there, and it was quite humid, but it wasn't horrible. The food is very tasty, but be prepared to spend a pretty penny at this place as quality good doesn't come cheap. I would recommend this to others. Be sure to order the La Tze chicken.

1  Thank SLKtravels61
Reviewed 10 May 2013

A wonderful find. Extensive but not onerously large menu. The food was so well prepared and tasty - many steps up from your average sit down Chinese fare. I ordered off the manager's specials for the day and was not disappointed. Sapporo on tap was a nice touch. Service could be more attentive but this is a minor nit.