“Service was lousy for an empty restaurant”

Sero's Family Dining
Ranked #354 of 2,421 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stopped there for dessert on a Sunday after the church crowd was gone. Can't say the food was great. I had the chicken lemon rice soup, which I've had at other Greek restaurants. But this soup was more like rice porridge. Not too great for $2.99. Then I had a slice of German chocolate cake for $5.95. it was dry. Things could have been better if I could have gotten a coffee refill, but I had to keep asking for refills. Although the restaurant and the waitresses weren't busy, my friend and I had to keep seeking them out for refills. I guess they would all rather hang around the kitchen than serve the customers. It was cute to look at their pig decor, but it'll be a while before I go back.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We went as a family on the weekend at lunch time. The kids had pancake Mickey Mouse kid's meals. They even put in chocolate chips when asked as a special order. Sero's has expanded and now have three large seating areas and several large flat screen tvs. It was busy at lunch but not as busy as it gets in the early hours for the breakfast only crowd. They served well, offered my mom a to go cup for her tea, and didn't make us feel like we were rushed. The food is consistently good. I love the hobo skillet for breakfast, the chicken finger basket with slaw and fries with real ranch dressing for lunch, and the shrimp basket special for dinner. Be sure to check their specials board at dinner.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I took my family to Sero's for breakfast on a Saturday. We each ordered our fill, but the food took > 15 minutes to arrive at our table on a busy morning. The bacon and sausage were very greasy, but the pancakes were quite good. I thought the price was too high to be a good value. I would recommend going to Lincoln Square Pancake House instead (Greenfield, or SE Indy).

Reviewed 13 October 2011

We went there for a late lunch and stayed and talked for hours. The food was good and plenty. The staff friendly always looking to fill your glass or cups of coffee. After our meal we talked for a long time, because we hadn't seen our friends in years. Never once did we get the feeling, we needed to leave. THANK YOU for that!

Reviewed 10 September 2011

I dig having a greek diner right around the corner from my house. The first few times I came here, the service was sketchy - I felt that I received a different level of service because I wasn't a regular. I can understand treating regulars like they are VIPs, I get that, but what I don't get down with is not even smiling at the people who are not. It had actually been about a year since I had been here as the borderline rude service had scared me away, but I went there after visiting the Cumberland Farmer's Market on Saturday for breakfast and the service was awesome! I don't know if they've had some staff turnover in the past year or what, but the server was friendly and the waitress was excellent. Good service is particularly important to me at breakfast, where I am the reigning Beverage Queen and require a constant supply of coffee, water and orange juice. This lady was on it with all three, and didn't give me a crappy look when I ordered this large array of liquids. The food was also very good - I ordered eggs over medium, potatoes and toast. The eggs were cooked perfectly, which is really important with over medium - I want a runny yolk with completely cooked whites.

I'm genuinely thrilled that the service has gone up so much here. I'm a huge fan of going out to breakfast, and it was a bummer to drive by this place to go to another. Maybe soon I can start being one of those regulars I mentioned!