“Excellet Hotel Better than Expected”
Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #27 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Excellet Hotel Better than Expected”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at Comfort Inn south, Indy for a month on my business trip. Based on past experience I thought I wouldn't be staying more than 2 days. But once I check in to the hotel, I was comfortable to stay until my business trip as hotel room was nice and neat. It is very reasonable cost and hot breakfast is good with cereal, fruits etc. Owner and staff are very helpful as I travelled first time to Indy. Another advantage is rooms have microwave, fridge and TV.. I'd highly recommend Comfort Inn South, Indy

Mahesh

Room Tip: Hotel is renovated I prefer to have South West side are quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been staying at Comfort Inn South, Indy for an year now when I am on business visit to Indy. The hotel has been renovated and is now an excellent place to stay comfortably for your Indy visits at a reasonable cost. The hotel is around 5 miles from downtown which is very convenient for any downtown meetings. The owner and the staff are very friendly and they are always ready to help you with anything in their reach.
Another advantage is the rooms have a microwave, a fridge and a sofa set.
Overall, I highly recommend Comfort Inn South, Indy!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I hate to think what this hotel was like before the "so called update".

We can do with out frills, put up with, no pool, no exercise room, poor wi-fi, bad tv, and even a room that is a little tired and worn, as long as it is a CLEAN room and hotel.

Bad hotel, dirty and smelly.

It was late and storming, so We took a chance and stayed here because a couple of trip advisors said it had been updated and remodeled. Plus it was the only hotel left in Indianapolis and the surrounding area that had rooms available.

We should have kept driving even if it was late and storming.

Would never stay here again, even if we had to sleep in our car or drive all night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

If you read thru my older reviews you'll find I don't give out 5/5 much if ever, but I felt this place deserved it. My truck broke down and the guy at the shop recommended this place. I called and they sent a van to pick me up (saved me a taxi cost). Check in was simple, and the room was very nice. Microwave, fridge, flat screen tv, and a king bed. There are tons of restaurants within walking distance, and I'm sure more if you have a vehicle. Breakfast was better then average, actually had eggs with biscuits and gravy. If your passing thru or planning to stay a couple days I'd highly recommend this place.
I read the reviews from about a year ago (mostly neg) and I assume the issues stated have been corrected.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ErikStrieter
North Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed 13 March 2014

we stay the 3 12 2014 and the stay was great and the people I talk to and help me out is Tiffany, Hannah, Constance, the hotel was clean and the b-fest was great ever the coffee
but the pool was a little cold when we come there again we know where we r going to stay but fix the pool thank u

Room Tip: look at the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reynoldsburg
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We were passing through this area on Christmas day night and stayed here. We're frequent stayers in the Comfort inns. This was another good experience. Would stay again if in the area. The service was excellent...the rooms pleasant .....and breakfast delicious.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stay in hotels around 3 months out of the year and this hotel is as good a value as there is. Newly remodeled rooms. Very clean rooms and common areas. The staff was very pleasant and went out of there way to be helpful. Very close to downtown and there is everything you need within a mile or two. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family