“Ok place, decent location, but could hear people on floor above”
Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #28 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Ok, good location, average hotel. Could hear room above a little too much. Pool small and unheated. Maybe a little overpriced but all hotels are in this area. Not much more to say but review wants me to say more

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel has made many updates to the property, The staff is very nice. Evening young lady is very helpful, multitask... Works well under pressure. She always keeps a smile.. Will return it feels like home

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kenny w
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were stuck in Indiana because my husband's rig broke down. We were referred to this hotel by another driver that was at the shop. The hotel offered free shuttle services to and from the shop where my husband's truck was. We were without further transportation but no worries, the city bus stop is right on the corner from the hotel. There is a CVS, taco bell, pizza place, nail salon and a Chinese buffet all within walking distance. The hotel is the cleanest we've ever stayed in! The staff was super friendly and very helpful. They offer a free continental breakfast from 6-9 am;it was ok,the cereal was stale but everything else was good, same breakfast that other hotels of this caliber offer. The hotel looked as if it had been renovated but the elevator could use some updating, it creaked once it got into motion and is rusty. Our room was stocked with plenty of towels and wash cloths;it included a flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, coffee maker & blowdryer. This hotel has an outdoor pool that had quite a few bugs and other debris in it. We were on the second floor, there were drink and ice machines available. The hotel was right off of a highway but with our room being on the end near the highway, it wasn't that noisy at night. We didn't have any extraordinary noise from the others staying there and we were staying during NASCAR weekend. There is a computer station by the front desk that is set-up for customers to use until 11 p.m. WiFi is available until 11 p.m. as well. Overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at Comfort Inn south, Indy for a month on my business trip. Based on past experience I thought I wouldn't be staying more than 2 days. But once I check in to the hotel, I was comfortable to stay until my business trip as hotel room was nice and neat. It is very reasonable cost and hot breakfast is good with cereal, fruits etc. Owner and staff are very helpful as I travelled first time to Indy. Another advantage is rooms have microwave, fridge and TV.. I'd highly recommend Comfort Inn South, Indy

Mahesh

Room Tip: Hotel is renovated I prefer to have South West side are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been staying at Comfort Inn South, Indy for an year now when I am on business visit to Indy. The hotel has been renovated and is now an excellent place to stay comfortably for your Indy visits at a reasonable cost. The hotel is around 5 miles from downtown which is very convenient for any downtown meetings. The owner and the staff are very friendly and they are always ready to help you with anything in their reach.
Another advantage is the rooms have a microwave, a fridge and a sofa set.
Overall, I highly recommend Comfort Inn South, Indy!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I hate to think what this hotel was like before the "so called update".

We can do with out frills, put up with, no pool, no exercise room, poor wi-fi, bad tv, and even a room that is a little tired and worn, as long as it is a CLEAN room and hotel.

Bad hotel, dirty and smelly.

It was late and storming, so We took a chance and stayed here because a couple of trip advisors said it had been updated and remodeled. Plus it was the only hotel left in Indianapolis and the surrounding area that had rooms available.

We should have kept driving even if it was late and storming.

Would never stay here again, even if we had to sleep in our car or drive all night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you read thru my older reviews you'll find I don't give out 5/5 much if ever, but I felt this place deserved it. My truck broke down and the guy at the shop recommended this place. I called and they sent a van to pick me up (saved me a taxi cost). Check in was simple, and the room was very nice. Microwave, fridge, flat screen tv, and a king bed. There are tons of restaurants within walking distance, and I'm sure more if you have a vehicle. Breakfast was better then average, actually had eggs with biscuits and gravy. If your passing thru or planning to stay a couple days I'd highly recommend this place.
I read the reviews from about a year ago (mostly neg) and I assume the issues stated have been corrected.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business