Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspool and workout roomnice hotelconvenient locationwould stay here againfitness centera great staybeds were comfortablelobbycomputersmallrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We recently moved away from the area and we've all been "homesick" so I tagged along with my mother in law on a business trip, with my three kids in tow. I called the hotel the night before we were leaving to change the reservation to a suite so we'd all have enough room and they couldn't change the res without my mother in law but they placed a courtesy hold for me. While we were driving my mother in law called to confirm the changes and I'll admit, I was skeptical that we'd have a room when we got there, after so many changes. We arrived and there was NOTHING to worry about! They had our room for us and everything we needed.

We stayed Wednesday night through Saturday and each day was amazing! I quickly became known as "Kip's Mom" because we spent a lot of time in the hotel and he's quite a charmer!

The kids loved the hotel and their friends were able to come visit and swim. (My only negative was that the pool was way over chlorinated, but at least it was sanitary!) On Thursday night, we had a few of my daughters friends come for an impromptu pool party, after the pool party, the kids and their parents met us for dinner in the bistro. Again, I was skeptical about "hotel food" being good and I thought it'd be overpriced. There was NOTHING to worry about! The food was INCREDIBLE! Seriously, it was delicious and the pricing was fair. You pay a little extra for convenience, but the quality is top notch!

To keep my review from going on and on and on, I'll make wrap it up,. We all had a great time, we rarely left the hotel, and it was amazing! The staff there was the BEST! I honestly felt like I was leaving a friend's house when check out came! I even got a hug from one of the employees because they were so friendly and amazing! I would definitely recommend this hotel and I hope to go back! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff was able to take such good care of you and your family while you were here. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed only one night at this hotel...on a Friday for a business trip. The hotel is nice, the room has a nice layout and is very business friendly. With slide out desks and easy to use WiFi and an overall comfortable set-up. The staff was very friendly and the little cafe at the entrance is very convenient with better choices than the usual continental breakfast...albeit, not free, but still better. The location is nice too. If you have time to wander around a bit, there are several shops/restaurants in the area. I didn't get to go, but I saw that there is even a Melting Pot (Fondue Restaurant) within walking distance. If you use GPS to get to the hotel...mine would have never gotten me there. It kept telling me to take u-turns...maybe needed to be updated. I rented it from Enterprise. The GPS on my phone worked much better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your business. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and you received great service from my staff. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This Courtyard is pristine and the staff lived up to the modern Courtyard Brand expectations. The rooms are in excellent shape...newly renovated. Lots of room, practicality, and tidiness. The front desk staff checked me in VERY quickly. The hotel is only three stories so you can park nearest to your room, which is always nice for early morning business meetings. The area has LOTS of chain (and a few local) restaurants, but the Bistro is an excellent option for breakfast or dinner. The staff at the Bistro were incredibly friendly. I also found the housekeeping staff to be attentive and nice. Overall I couldn't be happier and will definitely be staying here for my next trip to Indy.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Indianapolis and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and the exceptional customer service that we offer to all of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I came here for a business trip but stayed a night before at the Hilton. The Hilton has a 3.5 star rating and I got a decent rate on it. I think they mis-represented themselves. It was a run down, outdated dump.

So you can imagine my joy and elation when I moved to my work destination of the Courtyard Marriott. It was pristine. My room was nice. The couch looked new. I had a small patio I could walk out on and a refrigerator. It felt clean.

Because of my work, I got a free breakfast every morning and the food and staff were excellent.

I have no complaints about this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were in Indianapolis for a soccer tournament and utilized this hotel. It was very clean and the place just had a nice feel to it. I will also like to thank the management staff who went out of their way to assist the families for my soccer team by having the morning breakfast staff come in over an hour early. We had an early soccer match and needed to be at the fields by 7:15. That had us leaving the hotel well before the area opened. The evening staff were able to bring in the morning crew at 6:00 to accommodate my team. Thank you. The pool area was very nice and didn't feel like I was in a sauna while watching my kids swim. The outdoor area was well manicured and pleasant. So much so, many of the team parents sat out there while the kids were having fun.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that my staff was able to take such good care of your group and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back on your next visit to Indianapolis.