“Great Hotel for the Price...Great Location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #85 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for the Indianapolis 500. Free covered parking and within walking distance of downtown. Rooms were nice, nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The stay came with a free breakfast which was typical of this type of hotel, nothing to write home about but wasn't bad either. If you are looking for a budget hotel in downtown Indianapolis I recommend this La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 May 2011

La Quinta on 401 East Washington is walking distance from downtown core of Indianapolis. It used to be a Comfort Inn (I think). I like to walk, so this was a perfect location. In 15 minutes we walked to football stadium, shopping mall, restaurants. Took airport bus from airport and got off a couple blocks away (then walked to hotel) - took cab back to airport. Staff were excellent. Friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was mediocre. Waffle machine was interesting and fun. Room was very clean, beds comfortable, shower was hot with strong water flow. No problems with room. Great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank barb1960
Reviewed 16 April 2011

This is a newly renovated hotel -- but there is quite a bi tthat was not renovated like the elevator, the room layout, the parking area. The staff is OK. The rooms are not large and somewhat dismal. The breakfast is kind of standard or a lille below standard. The location is good in downtown Indy. The parking can be a real problem - especially if you have a big car. There are special rates. If you pay more than 70$, yiou have overpaid.

The Internet is slow. No printer in the business center (one desktop PC with the same slow Internet)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This is our third stay here and I'm actually laying on the comfy bed in my guest room as I'm typing this! You can tell this is an older building but the renovations they've made in the last year or so have greatly improved its appearance inside and out! The staff is always friendly and the vending machines are always stocked with munchies! Be sure you bring a roll of Charmin ultra soft, as the tp in the rooms are made out of the mulch from out front. If you have any complaints about the room, just ask the half naked Mexican that travels the hallways from time to time. The fridge and microwave are newer and spotless, all the furniture matches, and the view of the heliport out back is to die for! The ventilation in the rooms isn't the greatest so make sure not to stop at white castle before you check in! If you're claustrophobic, you might not like the elevator but don't worry...it will get you to your floor sometime before check-out time. All in all, for the price, amenities, breakfast, free parking, location, and laughter this place brings us...we will continue to stay here when we travel to Indy each and every time! I've stayed in WAY worse places!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank durokiss
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I've been a fan of La Quinta for 2 years. But I was sort of disappointed this time.
Room wasn't so wide, but it was clean and newly renovated. Room has a flat screen TV and Micro-fridge. Shampoo and body lotion in the bathroom were Days Inn brand's(this hotel is the former Days Inn). Bathroom was clean as well. However, the layout wasn't comfortable, bathroom and sink were right close to the door.
On the negative side, I never got housekeeping service in my room. The last day, when I went out, I asked for front desk person to tell housekeepers to clean up my room. More than 2 hours later, I got back to hotel. Still, it seemed no one came into my room.
Another thing, though it's not hotel's fault. Someone came up to my room at 4:30am, knocking the door TOO LOUDLY for a few minutes. I was woken up by that terrific noise. I was in my room alone, so scared!
However, the desk staff was kind and helpful. The location and price were great. If you can stand the occasional inconvenience, I think it's worth it.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I attended a conference at the Indiana Convention Center and stayed at LaQuinta Downtown instead of The Westin to save money. My impression was that La Quinta has a bad rep from its past life as a different hotel chain. It was a good little walk from the Convention Center, very invigorating after conference sitting. I wondered why the hotel was practically empty. The service was great. It was clean. Parking was free! Unfortunately, the vending machines were empty and there wasn't anywhere close to eat dinner. The staff gave me several takeout menus. The breakfast bar was the best I've seen in a chain motel, all for me and one other customer. I felt I got a good deal and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BookSlinger
Reviewed 6 December 2010

the worse experience in any hotel in my llife, and we have stayed in many.
lets list the good things:
- excellent location - most downtown places in easy walking distance.
- very friendly staff who bent over backwards to provide good service in this dump.
- very good adequate and fresh breakfasts
- room large and specious
- good room rates considering location and costs of other hotels in the area

SO WHAT WAS SO BAD?
= BLOOD SPOT ON THE DIRTY, UNMOPPED BATHROOM FLOOR
- NO CLOSET TO HANG ANYTHING
- NOISY FEMALE WHO "SLAMMED HEADBOARDS", THEN CRIED, SCREAMED AND PHYSICALLY FOUGHT WITH WHOEVER WAS WITH HER INTO THE EARLY HOURS, DESPITE HOTEL STAFF TRYING TO FIX THE ISSUE - THESE ROOMS ARE NOT SOUND PROOF AND IT REACHED THE POINT THAT WE WERE GOIGN TO CALL THE COPS OURSELVES.
- FAR FROM BEING "RENOVATED", THE LARGE CORNER ROOM WE WERE IN NEEDED A MAJOR REVAMP
- UF ANYTHING ELSE WAS AVAILABLE CLOSE BY, WE WOUDL HAVE LEFT THAT NEXT MORNING, WHOEVER, EVERYTHING WAS BOOKED OUT TO MUSIC CONVENTION.
- THE PASSAGEWAYS ARE MUSTY AND STINK - HOWEVER THE SECOND FLOOR SMELT WAY BETTER THEN THE THIRD FLOOR
- COFFEE MACHINE WAS BROKEN AND NEARLY ELECTROCUTED US WHEN IT SPEWED WATER OVER THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS
- there is no laundry or laundry service.
- there is no shuttle service to the airport

so what did the staff do to correct this?
- they offered us another room, in the same decor, on a different floor away from the noisy neighbour.
- our room rate was reduced for our stay and the terrible night was for free.
- staff made every effort to accommodate us.

however, the bottom line is that regardless of the staff and good breakfasts, the new room was just as outdated as the rest - the layout is terrible - you have to go past the bathroom to enter the toilet, there was no closet or rack to hang clothing on in this room either, and there was mould or crumbling plaster in the toilet area.

no one could ever convince either of us to stay here again without this place receiving a major overhaul, CLOSETS BEING PUT IN and making sure that housekeeping knows how to clean their rooms properly.
the owners of this establishment should hang their their heads in shame, AS THIS HOTEL DOES NOT EVEN RATE AS A 1 STAR ON ITS BEST DAY.. WHICH IS A SHAME, AS THE LOCATION AND POSSIBILITIES WITH THIS BUILDING ARE ENDLESS IF THEY BOTHERED TO PAY ATTENTION.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business