“Overall Good Experience”

Ranked #76 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“Overall Good Experience”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here for one night in May of 2013.

Cons:
Outside of building looks unkept
Breakfast is meh
Elevator is cramped, slow, and ill-maintained

Pros:
Room was Clean & Tidy
Lobby was well kept
Pets allowed
Shower had 2 Settings: 1 for temperature & 1 for pressure
Location is good (Within walking distance if Adobo, Fogo, Cultural Trail, etc.)
Friends can park here for a small fee for a few hours if you ask the front desk and the hotel is not full (we did the Indy Brew Bus so this was extremely helpful to our friends).
Reasonable Cost

Overall, I was pleased and would stay here again for a one night stay downtown.

Room Tip: Elevator is small and slow, stay on a lower floor and take the stairs if needed.
Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ajohnsonwise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Quebec
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was there for 3 nights for the Brickyard 400. Hotel is clean and very close to downtown.The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is limited parking space inside but they have another parking on the side of the hotel.

Free breakfast was ok. Elevator is small but who cares! Free Wifi works great all 3 nights.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kingpaddy99
Midwest USA
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Spent one night here with a friend for a mini-trip to Indianapolis. Our main activity was seeing a minor league baseball game on the other side of downtown. This La Quinta appears to be on the far east end of the downtown area, but Indy isn't very big and walking to the ballpark on the far west-end was very dooable for two young adults in good shape (30 minutes or so). The hotel itself is definitely aged and worn and nothing impressive to look at from the outside or the lobby. The elevator looked ancient and even had an expired permit/certificate on it, so we took the stairs every time after check-in (we were on the third floor which I think is the top floor). The free breakfast was mediocre, even for a La Quinta breakfast. But most important for us is that it was clean, a good price for that weekend, and it included free parking. The staff we spoke with at check-in and check-out were nice to boot.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

The encounter began with the manager calling me and my husband liars. We booked through another outlet which requires you to call the hotel and ask for a different room. I did and he said I lied about calling and there was nothing he could do. I was upset but moved past it. When we finally received our room key, we walked in to find a half dead roach on the table. I was horrified and immediately called that same manager to see the nasty creature. Needless to say, we did not stay there. Nor will I ever stay at a La Quinta again. This is a disgusting hotel with extremely rude staff. I have never been so disrespected nor disgusted by a hotel in all of my travels.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank andreadavis1122

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The hotel was within walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops which I loved! However, it was a bit loud due to the proximity to the street and construction. It is something we got used to though. Also, the individual A/C units were somewhat loud as well. Unfortunately, our room was located right by the ice machine and vending machine which we could hear. Although we didn’t have an issue finding a parking spot, there is very limited parking from what I can tell. Fortunately we didn’t travel during a busy time. The elevators were so small that we chose to use the stairs instead. I was afraid I was going to get stuck in the elevator. The downstairs lobby restroom had a foul smell! I thought maybe someone had just used the restroom, but it smelled horrible our whole stay. Other than that, our room was clean and didn't have a bad odor. My dog traveled with us and didn't have any complaints! The staff was very friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel is in a very good location but could use a remodel to bring it up to standards. The elevator was very small and old so we took the stairs. There was an odd order in the stairwell.
The breakfast was okay, pretty standard for that type of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family