I booked a room at this hotel prior to ever seeing. I booked it solely to its proximity to the Murat theatre.
Please pay the extra 10 dollars and stay somewhere else. Upon arrival we took a raggedy old elevator to the 3rd floor. At first I thought the paint on the wall was fresh and it left a lingering smell, but as the night went on the smell of urine, or acid became more intense.
On top of this we were told that if no parking was available (which most likely never will due to them having 20 spots) at their designated area then we had to park out back. Well, "out back" is a low lit area between to apartment complexes in the middle of the hood in downtown Indianapolis.
When we asked to switch rooms we were told we couldn't switch because we were at full capacity. When we decided to leave we were told that the receptionist did not know how to give a refund and the manager could not be contacted at nights unless it was an emergency.
We went back to the hotel the following morning and spoke with Dom the hotel manager. He was absolutely amazing. Not only did he return our money in full but he was also very friendly and easy to work with. He understood the troubles of an older hotel and was very helpful with the reimbursement.
My wife is a booking phenom! She found us a hotel for 10 dollars more in a hotel a few blocks up the road. Moral of the story is to pay the extra 10 dollars, its is so worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. We are within walking distance to the Indiana Convention Center, sports venues, theatre, shopping, fine dining, and vibrant night life. Our central location makes us ideal for all ages of entertainment, downtown attractions, and activities. Our hotel features free wireless & wired high-speed Internet access, a fitness center, free parking for standard sized vehicles, and comfortable rooms. All rooms include luxurious bedding & decor, 32-inch LCD TV, coffee maker, iron w/ironing board, hair dryer, and much more. While staying at our La Quinta, you can enjoy a free Bright Side Breakfast to start your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Indianapolis Downtown
- Days Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Days Inn Downtown