“Pleasantly Surprised!!!”

Ranked #79 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised!!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Was updated very nice! Parking was free, which is something u will not find anywhere else downtown and staff (Karen) was very friendly. I will definitely be staying there again. My room was 332 which was a corner room that was right beside the elevator and parking.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This La Quinta isn't great, with funky parking and kind of smelly halls. But the room was fresh, clean and seemed more modern than the outside would lead you to believe. It's a good value for being so close to downtown. We booked a second night after returning to the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 70jeremy
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is worse LaQuinta Inn I've ever seen. For starters, the parking garage is ridiculous. There's hardly any parking spaces in the so called parking garage. They will make you park your car in their "over flow" parking area behind the hotel in an abandoned gravel parking lot full of crack heads. Next, this hotel smells like trash and urine. The heating and air conditioning units are so loud they sound like there gonna blow up. The elevator can barely fit 2 people in it at at the same time. After you pay all that money to stay there. They can't even provide name brand products for breakfast. This is a total rip of and this building needs to be condemned. Downtown Indianapolis is beautiful and is filled with a lot of other hotel choices. Please take this post serious and book your room somewhere else . Or you will be disappointed. La Quints is a good hotel. Just not this location!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank yagirluneek

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is a great value. The rooms are updated with a nice tv and fast wifi. It's just a little walk or $5 cab ride to downtown, convention center, or Lucas Oil. Staff is excellent. Any other place downtown is double the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nathalie, Virginia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love the hotel for its cleanliness. The manager's willingness to accommodate his guests was
exceptional. If I come to Indy again, I will stay at this hotel. I along with some family members were in town for my daughter's wedding. It was the weekend of the Circle City Classic and most restaurants could not accommodate groups. I need a place to hold a rehearsal dinner. I called the manager on site to ask if I could get a room to have a pizza party after rehearsal. I asked for a meeting room which, I was willing to pay for and he was kind enough to allow me and my group to have the dinner in the basket area with access to the patio. He was very accommodating and I really did appreciate his help. Our group did not interfere with the common traffic of the hotel and I didn't have to pay for extra space.
My brother mentioned to me that the manager gave him the group rate for that weekend for our family, even though he was late getting a room. I thought was also good of him.
I believe his name was Don or Dan. He was very pleasant. I watch him on the morning of our departure, how he made time to speak to each guest with interest, never rushing anyone.
He is a great manager and La Quinta is lucky to have him.

Room Tip: Inner suites are much larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked a room at this hotel prior to ever seeing. I booked it solely to its proximity to the Murat theatre.
Please pay the extra 10 dollars and stay somewhere else. Upon arrival we took a raggedy old elevator to the 3rd floor. At first I thought the paint on the wall was fresh and it left a lingering smell, but as the night went on the smell of urine, or acid became more intense.
On top of this we were told that if no parking was available (which most likely never will due to them having 20 spots) at their designated area then we had to park out back. Well, "out back" is a low lit area between to apartment complexes in the middle of the hood in downtown Indianapolis.
When we asked to switch rooms we were told we couldn't switch because we were at full capacity. When we decided to leave we were told that the receptionist did not know how to give a refund and the manager could not be contacted at nights unless it was an emergency.

We went back to the hotel the following morning and spoke with Dom the hotel manager. He was absolutely amazing. Not only did he return our money in full but he was also very friendly and easy to work with. He understood the troubles of an older hotel and was very helpful with the reimbursement.

My wife is a booking phenom! She found us a hotel for 10 dollars more in a hotel a few blocks up the road. Moral of the story is to pay the extra 10 dollars, its is so worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple