“Good for a night”

Ranked #108 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Wauconda, Illinois
“Good for a night”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We tripped into this Comfort Inn around 1 AM after having another chain hotel across the street double book our room on a night of full occupancy (compliments of the NCAA March Madness in Indy). The room here was clean but data. The mattress is close to needing replacement, if not passed already. The drain in the shower could not keep up with the generous stream coming from the shower head, so despite a very pleasant shower, I found myself standing in standing water after 3 minutes. With a near packed occupancy, the parking lot was beyond full, so we actually had to park in the lot for the hotel next door--no one bothered us about it, but I found it odd to not be able to park the same number of cars as you have rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel seemed to be one of the older ones in the area. It could use a little bit of updating. The place was fairly clean throughout. My one major complaint was that there was no indoor pool. The rest of the hotels in the area had indoor pools and there was even an indoor waterpark down the road. One really cool/unique feature was that the hotel didn't have it's own gym, however your key card worked at Golds Gym, just right down the road! The staff was some of the nicest I have ever encountered, we were welcomed with good morning or good night every time we walked by the desk!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that had a "king bed" and adjoining living room. We were told it didn...
illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our first time to stay in Indianapolis, and I was very pleased with the location of this hotel. There are many hotels and restaurants in this area and it appeared to be very safe. I will start by saying that this particular hotel appears to be one of the older ones in the area, and the furniture was a little dated, but we found our room and the entire hotel to be very clean and spacious. The lobby and breakfast area are updated, and are very spacious. I have to give a special acknowledgement to "Rosie" who did an outstanding job of keeping the breakfast choices fully stocked and clean both mornings we were there. Even as guests showed up 15 minutes after breakfast hours, she greeted them with a smile and made sure that that they were accommodated with their breakfast choices.The desk staff were also very friendly and always acknowledged when we were passing through the lobby area. Although there are several hotels in the area, we will likely stay here again.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Spent 2 nights (1 & 2 Mar 2014) at this Comfort Inn. It was a great break for me from my travels. William on the front desk in the evenings was especially responsive to my questions about the hotel and restaurants in the local area.
I hadn't planned on staying 2 nights, but the weather (including ice and snow) brought travel down considerably and resulted in a needed rest for me.
The breakfast was pretty much normal for the Choice Hotel group of hotels and it got me going for both mornings.
Lack of an indoor pool didn't affect me, but it might cause others to not consider this hotel.
Don't be doubting the location. It was quiet for me and Ruby Tuesday and Texas Roadhouse restaurants are right next door. If you're hungry and tired you won't have to go out looking for a place to eat - if you like either of those restaurants.
Thanks to William and the entire staff of the Comfort Inn for my two nights very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in, I cant believe some of the other ratings it has got. The place was very clean and in a great location. I really enjoyed my stay at this place. I can’t complain about the services and the efficiency of staff here. Great place to be if ever you are far away from home. Plenty of restaurants near by if you are a foodie like me!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikki B
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, and very friendly staff. The room was spacious with cloud 9 comfort bed, the breakfast was great and free wifi did it for me. I will come back to this location and stay with you again and i will let friends and family know about this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Saco, Maine
Reviewed 24 December 2013

One side of the hotel has balconies on the rooms. The lock on my sliding door to the balcony was completely broken. When I was given a different room, the bedspread had two large stains on it. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly, but I won't be coming back to this location. Too bad, since I've always had good experiences at any of the Comfort locations I've tried.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family