“Great Value--Great Location”

Ranked #111 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Value--Great Location”
Reviewed 17 April 2009

Stayed at this hotel 4/16-4/17/09. I was plesantly surprised. This hotel sits in the middle of a lot of hotels, restaurant (cheap & expensive), close to an array of shopping areas, close to expressways, and a main strip (Michigan Rd). While they were laying carpet in the main lobby, there was hardly any inconvenience. Room was clean and not smelly, beds comfortable, bathroom was clean, parking easy, service was good, breakfast was just ok (I had a weak waffle, pastries, fruit, coffee). I paid $55.68 (includes tax) for one night--I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!! If you want a cheap, clean place to stay for a short period of time--stay here!!!!!!! I will be a return guest.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Used as a stop over for one night. Easy access to bypass around Indianpolis. Clean, comfortable, could actually open the windows and get fresh air. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2009
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 28 December 2008

I was in Indianapolis for festivus weekend at my niece's, and decided to give the Comfort Inn a try, based on tripadvisor reviews and a great online rate. It was a good decision; the rooms are clean, the clientele was pretty considerate (seemed to be mostly couples and families), and the front desk staff was polite and efficient. I had a room facing the parking lot, which was a little noisy when the window was open, but with the window closed very little sound penetrated into the room. The bathroom was very clean, the amenities smelled nice without being too perfumey, and the water pressure was quite good. The coffee downstairs was decent, the free breakfast was pretty carb-heavy, but did offer fruit and yogurt so you didn't have to eat the waffles or donuts or bagels unless you wanted to. The entire second floor is for nonsmokers; if you have a very sensitive nose, you can tell that someone elsewhere in the hotel had smoked at some point in time, but the whiff I caught was so faint and momentary that it was almost instantly forgotten, and was certainly nothing that would bother even the highly allergic.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Clean, pleasant, well-priced
  • Disliked — No complaints about the accomodations
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Columbus
Reviewed 1 December 2008

After reading previous reviews, i knew this hotel was the best choice. It was close to my destination, my friend's wedding/reception and the highway. The staff, especially the cleaning staff, went out of their way to accomodate my needs even though my time in the room wasn't long. I was provided with extra towels without asking for them and when I noticed an error on my bill at checkout, it was immediately resolved without any excuses. I forgot my directions to the church and when I asked at the front desk, she quickly printed some more from mapquest.
Great customer services!!!!!!

• Liked — the large bed
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Topeka
Reviewed 29 July 2008

My son, mother-in-law, and I stayed 5 nights. The hotel was very reasonably priced (especially with it not being a race weekend). Overall I was impressed by the staff and their helpfulness. Additionally, I found the building to be in great shape, considering it was a little older. Our room was clean, as well as the pool area, and breakfast area were well taken care of and stocked.

It's in a great part of town with lots to do. There's a Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, Famous Dave's, Denny's, Cracker Barrel all within walking distance or so. Just east on 465 there are some shopping centers/malls (or just go east down 86th Street) or go either way on Michigan Road and you'll find a Walmart and Super Target. We were extremely glad we stayed in this area and this hotel specifically. We were able to still enjoy some of what Indianapolis offered downtown (by just going west and south on 465 to 65 south to the Children's Museum and Indianapolis Zoo). The zoo is GREAT by the way, as well as the Children's Museum. I'd fully expected that, however (with all the reviews I'd read previously).

• Liked — Great service overall. It seems like they thought of everything.
  • Disliked — I thought the lack of fitness room was unfortunate but the Gold's Gym pass was way better than any hotel fitness room could ever offer.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2008

I booked the Comfort Inn @ The Pyramids in early March for a weekend trip April 26th with Expedia. I believe the hotel portion of the trip was around $65.00, which was well worth it. My flight arrived early and I called the hotel to get an ealry checkout due to so many late checkouts from a wedding and family reunion. No problem, since I had rental car (Dollar @IND, great cars price and service). I had my own navigation system with me so we found the Fashion Outlet Mall and some other shopping centers, that were great places to waste time. Upon returning to the hotel at 2:00pm, our room was ready and everything was as expected. The rooms were clean, and well kept. Furnishings were as expected, and none were broken, ripped, etc. We had a room with a balcony, that overlooked the pool and rear "courtyard", so it was great not to be facing a parking lot. Breafast in the morning was clean and well organized. The offerings were boiled eggs, bagles, muffins, waffles, fruits, cereals, juices, coffee and tea. The hotels is in the Pyramids Office Park, which was probably quite becuase of the weekend. There are plenty fast food and family restaurants (Famous Dave's BBQ, McD, Taco Bell, Denny's, Chick Fila, Wendy's, Panda Chinese and Cracker Barrel) all within a mile of the hotel. Walmart is less than 3 minute drive or ten minute walk. If you go to Fashion Mall, theres a Cheesecake Factory and P.F.Changs there.

• Liked — Located just off the Interstate. Close to the airport and Speedway! Free Wireless Internet in Rooms!
  • Disliked — Hotel Lobby Public Computer/Internet in clear sight of those sitting in the lobby
  • Stayed April 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 January 2008

We booked the Comfort Inn because we needed someplace inexpensive to crash for the night on a road trip from Wisconsin. We had asked for a non-smoking room with two beds. The gal at the counter was friendly enough, but the first room they gave us smelled like smoke and had some peeling paint and wallpaper, even though it was marked as a non-smoking room. Finding this unacceptable we asked to be moved, and the second room was very clean and smoke-free.

Other than that, no complaints. Everything in the room was clean and functional and the wireless internet worked well. The shower was nice and hot, breakfast was good, although it lacked the hot items that most Comfort Inns offer these days, and check in/out was a snap.

As previous posters mentioned the walls are a bit thin, so we heard our neighbors once or twice, but not enough to keep us awake.

I'll keep this place in mind next time I'm passing through.

• Stayed December 2007