“Actually pretty decent for the price”

Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis
“Actually pretty decent for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

Stayed here one night. Basically just needed a place to crash for a few hours (plane came in at midnight and had business to conduct early the next morning), and this fit the bill. Is this place "nice"? Not really, but for less than $40, I was very pleasantly surprised. The front desk attendant was very nice and helpful when I arrived, even though it was one in the morning. The building is a little dated, and could use some updates (wallpaper beginning to come up at the seams, tiles in bath could use some caulk in places (and grout on floor could use a good bleaching), TV had a definite yellow tint to the picture), but the bed was fine and the room was overall in better shape than I feared it would be. The clientele at the hotel seemed pretty normal (did not seem seedy, even though the rate was so cheap). The breakfast was pretty basic, and did not really have anything I was interested in eating, but what do you expect for $40? All in all, not a bad place if you're just looking for a cheap place to crash for the night.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

Just spent saturday night at the Comfort Inn at the Pyramids and would recommend it for a budget minded traveler. Stayed in a king suite and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Like most hotels the foldout sofa bed was not luxiorious was but it was fine for the kids. Breakfast was a low end continental breakfast but what do you expect for a $70 hotel. If you are looking for a cheap room in Indy I would not hesitate to book this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

We arrived for a wedding that afternoon - called in advance to see if we could check in a little early so we could dress there rather than drive in our wedding clothes. They were very friendly and accommodating and assured us they could have a room ready for us - and did. We were in the room across from the ice machine and the elevator, which worried me a little, but we didn't hear a thing. We had 2 beds and 4 adults (son & wife) in the room, but the room was large enough that we were quite comfortable, although I wouldn't want to do that for more than 1 night. Everything was clean, but not immaculate. Coffee and juices were all closed up at 0859, and although they do tell you breakfast is over at 9 it would be nice to have access to beverages. Convenient location for our needs and I noticed we were right next to a Technical college. They do that at some choice locations but I assume that's the manager's option. Overall a nice stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Bennington, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

I used the hotel's website to book my stay and paid $52.15 (incl tax) for a non-smoking room, king bed, double occupancy. I stayed 6 nights in a different motel each night across IN and OH, so on reflection, think it was an excellent value.

I found the staff very welcoming, both at arrival and departure. There is a sign on the desk advertising a 7# bag of ice for $1.50 (which I used the next morning). A Ruby Tuesday's is directly across the lot; hotel staff also directed us to several close restaurants.

Entire 2nd floor is non-smoking, so no cigarette odors in hallway or room.

Room was middle-sized, with window overlooking the very bright parking lot (had to clothespin the drapes to make them stay closed). Bathroom had a very effective exhaust fan and good shower curtains and showerhead. Amenities and towels only so-so.

High speed wi-fi was actually high speed. Very few plugs in the room, though, into which to plug the laptop or the cell phone charger.

Bed had decent top to it, but was wobbly - every movement was noted by my husband and vice versa. Pillows were okay, but not great.

Breakfast was coffee, juice, yogurt, cereals and assortment of breads, including bagels and cream cheese. A sign on the microwave advised that bowls of oatmeal would melt, so the oatmeal I had brought from home wasn't going to be useful here.

I didn't see any problems with security at this location; we did leave a GPS mount in place on the dash and it (and the window glass) was there in the morning. All other valuables of course were inside. I did notice that the night staff was a little friendlier than the morning staff.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

We just stayed here two nights ago (5/29/09) and had no problems like the last reviewer regarding safety issues. The parking lot was well-lit, and I even took a walk around the office complex across the street as it was getting dark, and felt safe doing so. The outdoor pool / deck is nice, but not heated. Breakfast was just fine- standard, extended continental style. Our room was very clean and the bathroom was absolutely spotless- very important to me. Minor cosmetic details could be nicer- wallpaper loosening at one seam (not flapping, just needed seam redone) and at the top of the bathroom mirror the glaze was peeling. Otherwise, room was just what we needed- included coffeemaker, recliner & another chair. Watch for odd phone charges- I didn't use it with our long distance phone card, but the hotel phone label stated that even 800# calls would be subject to a $2.00 fee. Local calls were free up to 20 minutes, then $2.00 fee- ?? Walls are thick enough that noise is not an issue. I plan to stay here again when in Indy overnight.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

While staying at this hotel recently, my car was broken into, along with several other vehicles. The driver's side window was shattered and the criminal took a GPS mount that was on my dash. My GPS was in my room, but the other guest's were taken. The front desk clerk called the cops. Upon questioning, she told me that no video surveillance or security was available outside. Also, when I asked for a vaccuum for help with removing glass from my car, she paged a man that gave me a little broom and a dustpan. At this time, it began to rain and snow. No further help was offered. When I asked for help finding a glass service, I was told there was a phone book in my room! The service and security at this hotel are way below average. If you choose to stay here, make sure you hide anything valuable or even related to a GPS. I know I wish I would have known about the "common" activity. I would have picked another town to stay in."

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

Stayed at this hotel 4/16-4/17/09. I was plesantly surprised. This hotel sits in the middle of a lot of hotels, restaurant (cheap & expensive), close to an array of shopping areas, close to expressways, and a main strip (Michigan Rd). While they were laying carpet in the main lobby, there was hardly any inconvenience. Room was clean and not smelly, beds comfortable, bathroom was clean, parking easy, service was good, breakfast was just ok (I had a weak waffle, pastries, fruit, coffee). I paid $55.68 (includes tax) for one night--I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!! If you want a cheap, clean place to stay for a short period of time--stay here!!!!!!! I will be a return guest.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family