“Embassy Suites a Sweet Experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #86 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Embassy Suites a Sweet Experience”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The Embassy Suites hotel in downtown Indianapolis is a beautiful place to stay. Conveniently located near everything in downtown Indy, the hotel is attractive, clean, comfortable, and a good bargain. The rooms are spacious and appear to have been updated recently. Overall, this was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
PORTAGE
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Let me start off by saying that I ended up having to go to the hospital while I was staying here. The staff basically carried me downstairs and arranged transportation for me while I was incapacitated. For that I am eternally grateful. Now on to the hotel itself!

Cons:
Its hard to find as there is no front entrance on the street. I passed it twice before I realized where the entrance was. Once I found it I had no trouble finding it again.

The parking garage has a very tight turn when entering. There are plenty of scuff marks from cars that hit it going in.

The HVAC only does heat in the winter and cool in the summer. If you are there in the in-between months like March and its warm outside you are out of luck as you only have a ceiling fan for cool air.

Pros:
Beautiful hotel area and rooms!!

Super friendly staff!!

The breakfast and evening reception were great!

I ordered food from the bra one night and it was seriously the best meal I had while in Indy!

I wrote a lot about the cons because I want people to know what they are going in, but truthfully, they arent big deals at all. For example, I couldnt get any cool air from the AC, but I opened my window and turned on the ceiling fan and slept great! This is a great hotel with a great staff and I will definitely be staying there again when in town next. They have a loyal customer in me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We had a very good experience at this hotel. It is right in the middle of the downtown area and connected by a skywalk that allows you to go many places without being exposed to the weather. Everyone there was helpful and accomodating. Would defintely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The Embassy Suites Indianapolis is the same setup as every other Embassy Suites, and the same benefits – all rooms ring a center atrium where evening cocktail hour and morning breakfast is served and included as part of your rate. I usually partake of the free breakfast but rarely make the cocktail hour. The breakfast had a decent selection – made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, French toast, scrambled eggs, yogurt (need more selection), oatmeal, fruit, and various pastries and breads.

The hotel is approximately 3 blocks from the convention center in a conveniently located downtown location. It has an odd entryway – essentially you have to drive up or walk up a ramp into what feels like a parking garage to get to the hotel entrance. It is not very well marked and we almost walked by it several times when returning from our day. The rooms were clean and had the typical setup: front room with a couch, TV, table, and small bar with refrigerator and coffee maker, back room with an external window with the bedroom and bathroom. This hotel did have an extra sink and mirror area in the bedroom which would be convenient for 2 people trying to get ready at the same time. The downside as indicated in many other reviews is that this hotel is HOT. The temps were in the 20-30’s when we visited and the rooms were unbearably warm. The only way to cool them down was to open a window, and since we were in a downtown location you then had to listen to the street noise all night long. There are ceiling fans but it was very tough to regulate the room temperatures throughout the night. Until they get this fixed, I cannot recommend this hotel. Although the beds were comfortable the sleep quality was horrible due to the very warm rooms.

Speaking of temperatures, the staff also ran hot and cold. The breakfast serving team were very friendly and accommodating, but the bellman acted as if they were perpetually doing you a favor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel location to be convenient as well as our rooms clean. However, I do understand that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if the temperature in your room was too warm and if this caused you any inconveniences. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Hotel is nice, but average (hence score of 3) for an embassy suites.

Good - Location, clean, good breakfast, exceptional workout room equipment

Not so Good - Hotel rooms were miserably HOT, and the heat is either on or on from radiat hotel heat. There is no climate controll for cooling and we were forced to open door and window - even a Motel 6 has individual climate controll!!!
- Parking was very tight and $22 for a 12 hour stay
Would not stay again due to the miserable heat.

Room Tip: Don't stay during the heating season (Sep to May)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our property to be conveniently located and that you enjoyed our breakfast and fitness room. I do however want to personally apologize if your heating unit was not working properly. I sincerely apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way and I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew. I assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take it into consideration to improve our property.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Good overall. Good service on check in. The suite that I stayed in could use a refresh, and the breakfast isn't what it used to be, but it's all passable. 3 of 5. The 200 character minimum for this review is annoying.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you experienced good service during your check-in. I do however understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated. I am so sorry that you found your suite dated and in need of a remodeling. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Niles, Michigan
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip and I loved the hotel. The staff is wonderful. It's close to the mall and some great restaurants. The only complaint I had was the cost of parking. Other than that I will definitely stay here again when I am in town.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business