“Nice downtown location for a reasonable rate”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #100 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here before, but never wrote a review. The hotel is on Washington which is right in the middle of things...near the circle. It is your standard Embassy Suites in terms of rooms, hotel layout and customer perks. The breakfast was OK...order some made to order eggs and a banana and you can't really go wrong. I passed on the cocktail hour both nights as I prefer not to get a hangover from 2 glasses of whatever generic vodka they pour.
Staff was friendly and helped with the few questions I had during my stay. Parking is self serve and $22 a day...not bad but I really don't like how you have to park, take the elevator down with your luggage, walk across the lot entrance, walk up stairs and then take an escalator to the front desk. They really should make a direct path on 3rd floor to avoid that, but that's probably not a fiscally prudent idea for he hotel.
I will continue to stay here if the Hilton, HGI or Conrad's rates are too high.
Also, it is attached to the Weber Grill and the hotel smells like a wonderful BBQ. If you like meat this beats any air freshener.

Room Tip: I was on 17 and had an OK view. Most ES rooms are exactly the same.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown

Reviewed 24 October 2013

from the sofa sleeper in half of the room that faces the hallway is extremely loud. you can hear everything that goes on on the first floor and every floor due to its wide open layout from the 1st to 20th floor. all the plates and silverware clanking together and people talking in the morning. every door that closes even on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Unless you want to stay in a room with cockroaches, I would suggest staying elsewhere. This is the worst Embassy Suites that I have ever seen. The pool was terrible, room service was terrible, breakfast was sub-par, manager's reception was lacking. The only thing that it has going for it is the location. But even then, the entrance to the hotel is awkward and difficult to get into- especially with small children.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I apologize if you found our room service to be lacking and our breakfast to be sup-par. The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Thank again you for your time and valued feedback.

Brian Carey
Assistant General Manger

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Nice place, but it's starting to show its age. The parking garage is tight to begin with, but it's undergoing renovation, so it's really tight in places and many spots are not available. The room was spacious and clean, but the faucet in the tub dripped. Nightly managers reception was very nice, and the breakfast is good as well. Had lunch in the hotel restaurant two days and the food was good, but service was slow even though they were not at capacity. Ordered room service one evening and the food was delicious and service was very prompt. The young lady who delivered my room service was very personable. All employees were polite, helpful, and extremely pleasant. It's very nice that the mall is attached via skywalk, and it's also attached to the convention center. The heating and cooling in the room is a little weird, only heat from November to March, and only a/c from May to September. October and April depends on outside weather. The ceiling fan in the bedroom was helpful because the room was on the warm side. Definitely need a fan in the living room area to help regulate temperature. I will stay here again, but will bring a fan.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The wife and I spent the weekend at this hotel while attending the Circle City Classic. Great location. Excellent rooms, love the two room, suite layout. Complimentary breakfast with hot food as well as manager night reception with free drinks.
Clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff. We will visit this location again. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Overall a nice hotel with a few minor changes could be great.We had to check out early. Had a family emergency with our teenage son. I thought hotel could of compt us fro parking at least since we didn't even get to stay the night. Parking is too pricy and internet should be free in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My now husband and I got married on the 28th of this month and he is a quadriplegic. I specifically reserved a room with NO stairs, so I thought. To my amazement and disappointment he was unable to use the balcony and both bathrooms because of stairs and the door ways were to small. This situation could have been avoided had the folks there done their job and reviewed the space. His situation of being in a chair was no suprise to any of them since they fixed me up with a gal to help me reserve my rooms for my pre-wedding night and the night of my wedding. I would never go back there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. I am very sorry that you found the room we provided you to be too small and not it was not accommodating to your husband’s needs. We are 100% A.D.A. compliant and strive for all accessible rooms to be located near elevators and emergency exits.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. We are always listening to our guests!

Brian Carey