Had a great stay but just a few issues that prevented me from given a perfect rating. There are many Pros:
In the heart of downtown and connected via walkway to a multi-level shopping center with major stores and restaurants are nearby: PF Changs(in the mall), there was a steakhouse but I can't remember the name, TJMaxx, etc. In addition, hotel is within walking distance of other hotels(in case your business conference hotel is booked to capacity) and other downtown attractions, including the Arts Garden.
There is a complimentary breakfast that is significant and decent, including an omelet station. Also, there was a manager's reception in the afternoon. Business center is adequate as well as the pool and hot tub areas were nice.
Exceptionally nice and would help with major issues as well as the smallest things.
Room service was excellent and prompt.
My suite had two sinks!!! One in the bathroom and another with a giant mirror in the dressing area. This would be great for couples when each partner needs their own space to get ready. A wetbar was also included with its own sink, microwave, and refrigerator.
Items that could be a problem - Maybe/Maybe Not?
Atrium Design with Rooms Facing Open Air Lobby
In this case this may be a hit or miss proposition - on the lower floors, the noise from people congregating in the lobby may disturb but on the higher floors, as I was, I heard nothing.
Parking is self parking for about, I think, $30/Day. Convenient in that there is no waiting for a valet(sometimes 30 minutes or more in my experience) to obtain your car. On the other hand, this could be a problem if the garage is full.
If you are picky about this, the size of the pillows, which I felt was less than standard, may make you a bit uncomfortable.
Due to the design and age of the building, the heating and cooling system is archaic--they only run heat in the winter, air in the summer - regardless of the temp in your room. They offer ceiling fans that you can turn on to cool you off and small heaters to warm you up - way annoying at first!!! But once we talked to staff, they were able to make us comfortable. So this should not ideally be a deal breaker.
I usually bring my HDMI cables in case I decide to use my PC to watch a DVD while displaying it on the TV - the HDMI ports on the suite's two TVs were not active. So I could not do this and wondered was this to prompt you to purchase the in room movies? Hmmmmmm
Overall, I would definitely would stay again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites