“I love the Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #100 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stay at this hotel when I visit Indianapolis. I love the large rooms. The drawbacks are finding it and the strange labyrinth parking garage. The lobby is inside on the 3rd floor, also a bit confusing. Once inside however, the hotel is attached to the downtown mall and since we visited in inclement weather that was a nice feature. There was a strange egg shortage our first morning which really annoyed me, breakfast is supposed to be served until 10:30 and after arriving at 9:40 there were no eggs to be had. The real plus during our recent stay were the absolutely charming and kind porters who helped us with our luggage, Ali and Mike. Truely kind men I hope to see again on my next visit. All the staff we encountered were wonderful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 333meg
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Embassy Suites is walking distance to everything downtown, all of the finest restaurants and local brewpubs, sports and conference arenas. An Enjoyable staff and facility. IN the summer they offer a food truck court that we found both reasonably priced as well as delicious !!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quarterfest
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Picked ES as they have rooms to accommodate our family of 5. This one has wonderfully helpful staff but the rooms and other decor are showing some wear and tear. A few knobs off drawers, little rips in carpeting, cheap furnishings in the breakfast area all speak to the hotel needing a bit of a facelift.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We are locals (we live an hour from Indy), and we stay at Embassy Downtown Indy because it is walking distance to everything - venues, restaurants, shopping. The beds are super comfy and I always sleep well. The evening reception and hot breakfast buffet saves us money, so we stay here whenever we go for a weekend getaway. However, the parking fee as a guest is a bit ridiculous at $22 a day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Complete disappointment. Way to expensive for what you get. Room smelled so bad and was so dirty (soiled couch, mold on the walls, wall paper coming off,stained carpets) we called and asked to be moved. Later we found out some floors have been remodeled so our second room was much smaller but nicer. Later that night we took the kids to the pool to find 12 drunk adults with beer cans everywhere. Front desk did nothing about it nor did they seem to care at all. Took over an hour to deliver ice cream to room for kids and hotel was less then 80% full.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floors 9-14 they have been remodeled. Other floors are nasty.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank angela g
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that when you first arrived to our hotel you found an unpleasant odor in your room. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. I especially would like to apologize if some of our guests were rowdy during your stay. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a comfortable and restful stay. I sincerely regret that we were not able to accomplish this during your visit and I will personally discuss this with our security team so that it does not occur again.

Best regards,

Brian Carey
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2014

There were some positive things about this hotel. The complimentary evening reception was great, as was the breakfast!
Our experience was ruined by a dirty room. Under one bed was a flashlight, a pen cap, a tag from some new socks, and 2 candy wrappers. Under (and next to) the other was a smashed up cookie. There were no washcloths to be found and one of the bath towels looked very suspicious. Ewww. I wiped down the whole place with antibacterial wipes. In the middle of the night there was tapping on the doors. i kept getting up to peek out and see if someone was at my door. First i heard it on one side of our room and then the other....on and on....until it sounded like someone threw a shoe...or was that me?
In the morning about 8 a.m. I heard the same tapping and this time it WAS at our door. It was housekeeping! Thank you very much for keeping me awake half the night and then waking me up in the morning.
Room keys did not work.
I really should have insisted we leave but it was just too much hassle.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trulike
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Although I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our complementary evening reception as well as our breakfast, I understand that you were not completely satisfied with your visit and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Brian Carey
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Over all stay was great! Having a suite was awesome! It was hard to regulate the heat in the room.....too hot, need another night to understand it. We could not check in before the Colts Game at 1 little disappointing but we really liked the room. Very nice we will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple