I booked a stay here for a conference in town. The conference endorsed this hotel and said it was connected to the convention center, where the conference was located. I booked this hotel months before the conference. Well about 6 weeks before the conference I broke my ankle. I chose to still attend the conference because everything was connected. However my stay at the Embassy Suites in Downtown Indianapolis presented some challenges and frustrations due to my current accessibility needs. The hotel entrance is via a parking garage. The ramp to get to the entrance level is awkward to get to, at a far end with not resting point at the bottom, and is extremely steep. Coming down the ramp is frankly scary. The lobby of the hotel is one level up from the level you enter on via the parking garage. Most patrons use the escalator. However anyone unable to use an escalator must use an elevator that is also used as a service elevator. Access to the convention center and mall attached required I use this special elevator every time, as the main hotel elevators don't go to this floor. It is out of the way and inconvenient, especially when having to wait 5+ minutes in the morning for the only elevator that will take me where I need to go. This is also the only way possible to get to the street level. And on the morning I waited 5 minutes for the elevator, the connecting mall elevator to get to street level wasn't working and wasn't marked in any way either.
Upon check-in the hotel staff also didn't has an accessible room available as originally requested on the reservation. My companion that checked in was also questioned about the need for the accessible room, with no visible disability or impairment. This was rude and unprofessional to ask. I should not have had to go to the desk to prove my need of an accessible room. The space is the accessible room is large and easy to access, including the bathroom. However the bed situation is frustrating. It is not noted online that an accessible room only contains one double bed and a twin. This worked for our party, but it may not work for everyone.
Overall the stay was nice and the room was nice. But I was often frustrated as someone with limited mobility at how inaccessible friendly the hotel really is. I am unsure if I would stay here again, based on this experience.,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites