Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #91 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wayne
“Family Trip”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Overall this hotel was a very good stay. There were a few issues but that could just be personal preference not actually an issue. Nothing that you would not experience some place else. The hotel is located perfectly downtown. Parking is great and easy. You are within walking distance from about anything you would want to do or see. Indy is a very fun town for all ages.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank bjarmstr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I decided to take our kids to Indy for spring break; and choose to stay at the Embassy Suites downtown because of the convenience of location. We have stayed at several Embassy's in the past and have had several pleasant stays; however I would not recommend this Embassy. First the entrance into the hotel is less than desirable; you pull into this hotel garage and then up this hill to try and find a place to enter into the hotel. After you finally due find a parking spot; you have to try and get your luggage cart up this extremely difficult winding ramp into the building; only to find out the only way to enter the actual hotel is via a freight elevator...very scary. All the while the staff is watching you and others struggle to get into the hotel; after you get to you room; it is in ok condition; however the rooms could use updating but at least they are clean. Unfortunately we had a room on the 15th floor directly across from the elevator. All night long we heard people on and off the elevator; kids running around; and what was even worse is being on the 15th floor you would think you would not be able to hear all the noise from the lobby below....but no that was not the case...very loud; and staff did not address any of these issues. Another thing that people should know about at check in is they offer you in and out parking; which is great at $22; we stayed Friday thru Wednesday without moving our vehicle the entire time...because of the location we were able to walk to all the locations we wanted to visit. Upon check out we found out that the $22 parking fee was per day; not a one time fee....see beware if you stay here. Just because it's an Embassy does not mean they take care of you like other Embassy's I would not recommend this hotel; it is loud and could use updated; the staff needs better training on handling as many guest as the hotel can accommodate...and should provide better explanation of parking upon check in...instead of getting extra surprises upon check out. Most of the time you get what you pay for but in this case...the cost was definitely disappointing for this chain.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator rooms in this hotel; and if you do stay here...make sure you reserve a r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas for improvement. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we certainly do encourage, for guests comfort and safety, that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Brian Carey
Assistant General Manger

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Oberlin, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked a stay here for a conference in town. The conference endorsed this hotel and said it was connected to the convention center, where the conference was located. I booked this hotel months before the conference. Well about 6 weeks before the conference I broke my ankle. I chose to still attend the conference because everything was connected. However my stay at the Embassy Suites in Downtown Indianapolis presented some challenges and frustrations due to my current accessibility needs. The hotel entrance is via a parking garage. The ramp to get to the entrance level is awkward to get to, at a far end with not resting point at the bottom, and is extremely steep. Coming down the ramp is frankly scary. The lobby of the hotel is one level up from the level you enter on via the parking garage. Most patrons use the escalator. However anyone unable to use an escalator must use an elevator that is also used as a service elevator. Access to the convention center and mall attached required I use this special elevator every time, as the main hotel elevators don't go to this floor. It is out of the way and inconvenient, especially when having to wait 5+ minutes in the morning for the only elevator that will take me where I need to go. This is also the only way possible to get to the street level. And on the morning I waited 5 minutes for the elevator, the connecting mall elevator to get to street level wasn't working and wasn't marked in any way either.

Upon check-in the hotel staff also didn't has an accessible room available as originally requested on the reservation. My companion that checked in was also questioned about the need for the accessible room, with no visible disability or impairment. This was rude and unprofessional to ask. I should not have had to go to the desk to prove my need of an accessible room. The space is the accessible room is large and easy to access, including the bathroom. However the bed situation is frustrating. It is not noted online that an accessible room only contains one double bed and a twin. This worked for our party, but it may not work for everyone.

Overall the stay was nice and the room was nice. But I was often frustrated as someone with limited mobility at how inaccessible friendly the hotel really is. I am unsure if I would stay here again, based on this experience.,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Abi K
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is average at best. I loved the location and breakfast wasn't bad either. The hotel and rooms really could use some updating. I wish they had better beds like you find in Hampton Inn or the Garden Inn Hilton Hotels. The rooms feel worn and dated. It really isn't as nice as some Embassy Suites I have stayed at. If the budget is a concern this hotel won't dissapoint. If comfort/amenities are more important I would chose the Conrad next door.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Blountville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Having never visited Indianapolis I was uncertain where the best place to stay would be, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the ES was located in the heart of downtown within walking distance of many restauraunts and shops. The hotel was adjacent to the mall and made a perfect starting point for an early morning run through downtown. I was fortunate to get a corner suite which provided me with a two room suite and a perfect view of the city. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the corner suites...they're much quieter and a great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had so many issues with this stay. There was MOLD in the room, non working locks on the doors, outdated rooms, and the ventilation system was poor. I usually love the Embassy Suites but this hotel did not live up the usual quality of the name. It was disappointing overall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite is an area we are actively examining. I apologize for all of the issues you encountered.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The overall experience at The Embassy was great! The ONLY downfall of the whole trip was the heating in the suites. It wasn't only hot in the room it was humid! It really made me sad actually because the rooms are beautiful and that just really put a damper on things because none of my family can sleep when they're hot. Everything else was simply amazing though!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family