“Very run down. Room was very outdated.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #65 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indiana
“Very run down. Room was very outdated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary. We chose this hotel because of where it was located and that we'd stayed in an Embassy Suites in Philadelphia and was a very nice hotel. When you finally find parking in the parking garage you have to take this elevator down to the entrance to the hotel. You have to watch for the cars coming in and out and then you go up a ramp with your luggage. But you don't check in as you walk in. You have to take a tiny escalator up to another floor to check in. Once we got checked in by not so smiling faces, we went up to our room, but the card keys wouldn't work, so while I stood in the hall my husband went to wait in line to get another key. Finally, we get into our room. I can honestly say that the room was a huge disappointment.To be an executive suite it sure was smaller than we thought. It was also very outdated. The TV's were not working properly. Sometimes we could get sound and sometimes we couldn't. We could not get channels we were promised either. Reception was awful. Then one of the phones did not work. The coffee pot broke. The breakfast was ok, but not that impressed. One of the days they only had one guy making the omelets. I felt sorry for him trying to keep up. One good thing about the stay was that it was in a good location. We were able to walk to most things near the hotel. But we will never stay at this hotel ever again. We also left a sleep number pillow by accident and called the hotel later on the same day we checked out. It's funny that nobody knows where it is and cannot find the pillow. It was not taken to lost and found like it should have been. An 80.00 pillow just vanished. Well, hope whoever took it is sleeping well. Never again! Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank music4nurse
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. Your feedback provides insight into the areas of our guest suites that we can improve upon in order to provide a great stay for all guests. Once again we are sorry for your experience.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Jasper, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I paid more to experience the Embassy Suites on a special occasion - which I recall being a more up-scale and classy hotel. I was disappointed with the evening reception which was held in a cafeteria setting that served potato chips and raw veggies - not the nice hors d' oeuvres I recall from the Embassy of old.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Brian T
Thank you for sharing your review and for being a loyal guest. We will utilize your feedback of our reception in order to improve and provide the best options for all guests. Thank you!

Assistant General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

As a HHonors member I was actually considering switching back to the Hilton brand from my primary hotel choice but after this visit I'm remaining with my current. I chose this hotel based on location and price and I realize why the price was what it was. I parked in the parking garage and used the elevator and walkway to get to the lobby are of the hotel and the whole way I was shocked how rundown it all was, not a good first impression. You then walk in the hotel and have to go up to the escalator to the check in and it was a ghost town in the hotel at 4pm surprisingly. I then got to my room and I could tell it was just kind of worn out and after further inspection you can see the neglect and the patches to make it 'get by'. As a frequent traveler I wasn't comfortable but it was for a quick overnight and dealt with it. I did notice that in the 'closet' which is just a piece of furniture that looks like it came from IKEA had the back of it hacked up to run cables into it. Also when I showered and the mirror steamed up you can see someone had wrote something on the mirror at some point leading me to believe the mirror was never fully cleaned. Overall I wouldn't stay here again and it helped my decision to not start utilizing more Hilton properties again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent overnight stay with us. We sincerely apologize you did not experience the accommodations you've come to expect from us. Your comments will be taken into consideration while we work to improve as they give insight into areas that need attention. Thank you again.

Evansville, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The staff here was pleasant and helpful. I thought the rooms were mediocre with dated furniture. During my visit heat wasn't available so my room was extremely cold on a 30-degree night outside. Both TVs had very poor reception with no sound. Location was great with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. The "made to order breakfast" was a continental breakfast plus an omelot on request which was not what I thought the description entailed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We arrived late in the day after a long drive. Passed the hotel the first time but figured it out. (Look for the Embassy "E" on the right hand side as you go down Washington, it's in the exact center of town.)

The sign said 10 minute parking for check in. The manager looked at us and said "you guys look tired, the manager's reception is in progress if you want to take a minute." I said something like I'd park the car and then try to get a drink before closing. He called out front and told them not to worry about our car and encouraged us to relax after a long drive.

This kind of cordial and friendly service is simply part of the culture at this hotel. Everything was perfect. Clearly a first class staff throughout.

We were only passing through but the hotel is convenient to everything downtown. Plenty of restaurants, sporting venues, shopping.

I'll likely book in for the Brickyard this summer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Knox, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This Embassy Suites is always dirty and extremely out of date. The beds are old and very uncomfortable. You just feel dirty when in your room. The convenient store is the nastiest, smelliest, dirtiest I have ever been in in my life. The worker had dried up food all over his shirt and cat hair covered his shirt, and the smell in the store was unbearable!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I appreciate your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the condition of the property during your stay and appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. The health and safety of our guests is a top priority and I will be addressing these issues with our staff. Thank you again.

Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here during a recent business trip. The welcome at the front desk was just lukewarm, not what I would expect especially being a Hilton Honors member. My colleague had issues with not one, but two rooms. Instead of being apologetic to my colleague, the guy at the front desk was rude making it seem as though the requests for were an inconvenience. The property could really use a facelift. Although the room was clean, the carpet was grungy and worn. WiFi connection was not very good throughout the hotel. The Hyatt across the street had a stronger signal than Embassy. The staff in the breakfast area were pleasant but there seemed to be an issue keeping coffee and utensils supplied. The made to order section, however, was great. Kudos to the omelette chef! The concierge set us up with a car service which provided dependable transportation during our stay. The location of the hotel is ideal for restaurants and shopping after work hours, but if I return to the area, I will look for an alternate property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business