While the Downtown Embassy Suites is not a horrible hotel, it does need to be improved.
First of all; whoever designed the front entrance needs to go back to architecture school. When you arrive you are greeted by steps as well as an almost unusable winding luggage ramp. Plus one you get up the stairs you must take an escalator up to the main lobby level. If you have to use a luggage cart you must use the smelly service elevator.
Check in took a while as the woman at the front counter seemed to have a troubling time getting us taken care of.
We did get the room requested. Since others stated there were elevator problems we asked for a low floor. Level 4 is the lobby. Meeting rooms are on the 5th and the 6th to 20th levels are guest rooms.
We did find the heating and cooling controls to be extremely odd for a modern hotel. It poses a problem trying to get the room comfortable; especially in a swing month like April where you never know what the weather will be. We had to open the window to get cool air and this was not good as our room overlooked an large A/C unit for the Weber Grill restaurant.
The lighting in the bathroom was very good. Women doing makeup will appreciate the light.
High speed internet was good. But I find it annoying to be charged $11.95/day.
The parking garage was a bit of an issue. The ceiling is low and the whole thing is very narrow. People in SUVs will have a hard time navigating and most of the times have to take up two parking spaces. Plus the elevators were out of order and the whole place is underlit.
The hotel location can’t be beat though. Plenty of dining and shopping options all within a short distance.
The room was clean and well taken care off. Typical Embassy Suites layout.
Decent selection of TV channels. The living are features a nice, new 37” LG brand HDTV: but only standard def channels are available.
At a low price the hotel is an okay option: but if possible I would recommend looking elsewhere. However if you are stuck with staying here, it is certainly passable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites