“Great Property”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #78 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stay here once a month for business. I always Hotwire it and love everything about it except one thing. I am treated as a second class citizen due to the Hotwire rate. Even though I am a Priority Club member, I'm not given a room on the forth floor which is reserved for PC members. I usually get stuck on a ground floor room facing the parking lot and have car lights shine in my window. I probably could insist on a better room. This is not the only CP that does this when I Hotwire. At some, there will be a USA Today outside every room but mine!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Very disappointed to learn the room we had booked was essentially shifted over to another group the hotel wanted to keep together, so although we had three guests in the room, we had only a king bed available. When I had called the night prior to our check-in to confirm the reservation, was informed of the issue w/ our room and asked what could be done and was assured a rollaway would be provided at no extra charge. Of course, upon arrival, our room only had the king bed, and we were informed all the rollaways were already distributed. If you can't accommodate a full hotel, don't fill up your hotel, and if a "reservation" doesn't really mean anything, why even make one? We were offered no discount. Manager referred us to his supervisor who wasn't available all weekend, and hasn't returned any phone calls. Not good customer service!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel with our children and purchased the stay and play Indy package. This was an amazing deal! It included two adult passes and two children passes to the zoo and children's museum, and a one night stay at the hotel.
The room was nice, clean, and quiet. We really enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub in the atrium. Most indoor pools are in tiny rooms and you feel you are suffocating in chlorine fumes! Not so here.
We did not eat at the hotel as it seemed pricey.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here a few nights in Dec 2011 for a conference. It is nice place to stay if you need to be by the airport. Can get noisy at night since planes do fly right over. I am a light sleeper so just turned up the fan and slept okay. The staff were all great and hard to believe, the food was very good for a conference. A lot of good choices. Even the food buffet for lunch before we left was very good. Rooms were okay==clean. It is an interesting building with very nice small meeting rooms. Easy access to downtown on the express way that ends right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I stayed here for several nights due to business meetings at the hotel. The staff is friendly and pleasant and seems to work hard. Unfortunately my room had to be changed twice on one evening due to problems. The first problem I encountered was I could not get my room door to open even though it would unlock. The door was physically stuck to the frame and could not be opened even with some force.The second room I received the same evening had a rather large leakage of water over the carpeting from the air conditioner making it impossible to not get your feet wet when walking to the bathroom. The carpet was fully saturated. I received another room.
I did eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The buffet is expensive for what you receive. The hotel location is good as it is close and convenient to the airport. The property could use an update or refreshing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Faster66
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We got three rooms. The front desk staff ensured the rooms were close, 203, 205, 207. We ate in the restaurant, and everything was delicious. Mila made sure we had everything we needed, and we did not leave hungry or thirsty. Mila was not only nice, but charming and entertaining. Heather was very delightful in the morning for breakfast. I was disappointed with the breakfast as there was no gravy available, but Heather's customer service skills made up for it. The rooms were clean, but one of the rooms had an empty mouthwash bottle neatly placed where a full one should have been, and it was missing the lavender spray from the little amenity bag on the bed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We stayed there for a military retreat for married couples, it was all paid for so I can't really talk about the value for the price since we didn't pay... BUT I will say that the place is great, the room was a King, very spacious. Everything was clean and very well kept. It had a flat screen TV and very new-looking furniture.
We were given breakfast buffet at their adjacent restaurant. It was pretty good, I mean...pretty average to what a breakfast buffet would be.
We had a couple get-togethers with the rest of the couples, one in their very nice quaint little meeting room, and another in just a regular room in the downstairs area. This is a great place to have conferences and things of the like. The staff is very courteous and caring since they are always watching to see if you need water or coffee during a meeting.
The only cons I have for this stay are:
The pool is tiny and awkwardly placed in the middle of the hotel.
Also, don't get fooled by it being in Indianapolis because it's really on the outskirts and there isn't anything around there, even to go to the nearest grocery store requires for you to get on the highway.

Room Tip: Look else-where if you're looking for all the city-attractions, this isn't near any of them...