“Great Value”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #78 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I booked this hotel on a discount travel site and was wary due to the great price I received. However, the room was updated, the hotel upscale, and the staff efficient. I only stayed one night, but thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would stay again. The indoor pool was nice and the parking was adequate.

The fitness room was also acceptable, and had some dumbbells, which I appreciated. I am an avid exercise enthusiast and like to get a quick workout in when traveling. My only suggestion would be for the hotel to update some of the fitness machines, as they are getting old.

Room Tip: Upper floors have good views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JamesDeLacy
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Hi,

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to hear that you would stay with us again. We take every guest suggestion to heart and will certainly review our current fitness equipment.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I normally stay downtown when I am in Indy but a friend persuaded me to try this hotel. it was very clean, great location, and the staff was very cordial. The prices for room service were a little high but I have noticed that alot with Crown Plaza hotels. I will be staying at this hotel any time I am in Indy

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank valpograd86
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We had my sons wedding reheasal dinner here on the 13th of July. Our event planner was Kristie Bricker. Everything was taken care of to perfection. I can't tell you how wonderful it went after planning this from 4 hours away in Southwest Kentucy. Kristie took care of us as if it was for herself and it went off without even the smallest snag. The food was delicious and the hotel staff could not have been more accomodating. I would reccomend to anyone looking to host any kind of event to consider this location and to call Kristie to handle it. Thanks for a wonderful experience we will remember for a lifetime!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Renee W

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are happy to hear that Kristie and our staff were a part of making a lasting and happy memory for you and your family.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Although the rooms were recently remodeled, my room smelled like smoke and they didn't offer to switch me. The bar had weak drinks and the salmon dinner was covered in more butter and grease than I have ever seen on a seafood dish. They have a nice indoor pool. I wasn't happy with my stay overall but if the rate was cheap and the purpose was a quick stay before flying it wouldn't be too bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

I appreciate your feedback and your concerns will be addressed. We are a non-smoking hotel and I am truly sorry to hear that your room smelled smoky. We certainly strieve to make each and every stay perfect and clearly we have let you down. I do hope you will stay with us again and should anything not meet your expectations please bring it to the attention of our Manager on Duty.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The Crowne Plaza Airport has had some less than stellar reviews so I wasn't sure what I would find. My stay was perfect, a real surprise. The hotel is large but the room was easy to get to thanks to multiple entryways and abundance of elevators. The room was beautifully decorated and very clean. Desk, dresser, and very easy chair with ottoman. The bathroom is small but elegantly decorated for a very upscale look. Any airplane noise was very muffled and easy to ignore. Internet service was free and very speedy. Above all the bed was king sized and very very comfortable. Big windows give the room a larger feel. A very relaxing stay in Indianapolis.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor on the east side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank westwindsor

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had a meeting here and was so lost. The girl at the front desk, I think her name was Molly, she was great. She told me exactly where to go for my meeting and offered to help me with anything else. I was so thankful for her help, because the layout of the hotel is confusing and without her, I would have wandered around the hotel aimlessly and missed my meeting. Thanks, Molly!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tikitorch304
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear that Molly was able to provide great service. We will be sure to let her know that it made a postive difference in your visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Very nice place but this is the third time staying there and 2 out of 3 times the hot tub wasnt working. As much as we pay for rooms we should at least be able to relax in a hot tub. This is the whole reason of picking this hotel. Our convention was accross st. at the Radison hotel. we could of just as easily stayed there. Thank you Linda

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that our hot tub was out of service during your stay. Please be assured that this is not the norm. If ever something does not meet your expectations please bring it to the attention of our Manager on Duty. We want every guest to have a great stay every time!