“wonderful bed and pool”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #78 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 26 August 2012

we stayed here with our 3 y/o granddaughter, the pool was wonderful
probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at, our granddaughter has epilepsy
and sleeps on the floor most of the time due to her condition
I was comfortable letting her do this when I saw how clean the floors were

and the bed was heaven after driving from Tx to Michigan in 1 day
we stopped here on the way back and it was excellent
so very very clean, and we did not hear anything from the airport not 1 plane
the cleaning staff was so nice to our granddaughter, she wanted to see there babygrand
piano, and we looked from the top of the stairs and no one got upset or mad
I can't wait to go back
just wish you offered a continental breakfast

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FortWorthMomof2

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a very clean hotel manged by professionals.
I liked everything there:
- Spacious free parking
- Amazing lobby / hall area
- Very clean rooms
- Fast internet
- Comfortable beds
- Very helpful front desk mangers
- Good breakfast and perfect lunch
I will stay there again and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We took a few days off to enjoy the Indianapolis attractions. We enjoyed our visit in the town and the hotel accommodations. The staff at the desk very friendly and helpful. We got in late on our last night there so we were sleeping in a bit when the housekeeper tapped on the door at 9 am and ask when we were leaving...thought it was a little rude!

Room Tip: lower floors are quieter due to airport traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doyle A
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a Crowne Plaza property, but it used to be a different level of Holiday Inn. The hotel did not disappoint at all, but there is an interior swimming pool and the smell of chlorine is immediately noticable when you come inside. This is not really a complaint, it just reminded me of some of the vacations I went on with parents when i was a kiddo. The rooms were really great, the restauarnt was excellent (try the grilled salmon salad, it was fantastic!). A note about the interior of the buidling, it was really cool! You could actually spend time exploring all of the different things they have in there - a great enclosed banquet hall on the top floor, a neat mezanine area on the second level, even an amphiteatre. I spent some time just seeing all of it.

The people on duty at reception when we checked in were not as helpful as they could have been. Our departure was not scheduled until late the next evening, so we requested a slightly delayed checkout (which is a common request with flight crews). This was flatly refused, so we waited until morning and asked the manager on duty at that time and it was immediately granted. It would have been more convenient to have arranged it the night before, but all's well that ends well.

Overall this was a comfortable hotel that met all of my expecations. I would give it a 3.5 if I were able, but since I'm limited to a 5 point scale I will go with the three I have given it. Yes, I would happily stay here again, and yes, I would certainly recommend it to others. The only reason that it did not score higher on my scale is that is not quite a luxury hotel, just a good comfortable hotel that would be great for business or other travel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I booked this hotel on priceline for a great price. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. The pool was fantastic, a little small but nice warm water. The room was nice, quiet and clean, beds were super comfy. Close location to the Indianapolis Zoo. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Great lobby and tons of areas to work in the lobby with colleagues. Nice rooms and friendly staff with free parking. A little loud with aircraft and the AC system but it did not bother me. Only 15 minutes downtown and a nice pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gbatstone
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are very proud that many of our guests mention how welcoming and enjoyable our lobby is. We are glad that you had a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I booked this room on priceline paid 40$ a nite a steal considering the hotel was 149 a nite regularly i stayed on the fifth floor overlooking the pool great view the pool was very nice there is also an arcade right there and the hotel has a restaurant and a snack shop on the premises the room was wonderful the hotel is so clean and i also scored discount tickets to the childrens museum which is the purpose for my visit would def stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank terrie07Detroit.mi

Hello,

We are happy to hear you had a nice time at our property. We are pleased to offer our guest's discounted Indianapolis Zoo and Indianapolis Children's Museum tickets. We have a great family fun package that includes these as well.