“not impressed”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #79 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 30 August 2012

my husband and I stayed there August 2012. Just for a night. the beds were not special at all. The tub looked shabby. The shower head was about 3 1/2 feet from the tub floor, so the shower sprayed directly onto my chest and not higher. The front desk staff was nice and helpful. But for an expensive hotel and with higher star ratings, I expected better quality bedding. And I expected a mini fridge. The vending machines were definitely lacking. There was [A] snack machine on our floor and nothing else. There are no restaurants real close to this location. BUT there are restaurants that deliver to this location. AND you have to PAY for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank newsomeduo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear newsomeduo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm so glad you liked the friendliness of our hotel staff. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I'm sorry the bed and in-room bathroom fell below your expectations. I also sorry you found the vending machines less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Traveling through town to stay for one night. Got a pretty good rate! Not bad, clean, everything nice. Shower drain clogged. Nice room. Would stay again. Easy to get in and out of. Quiet room. Parking safe.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Zonker123
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Hi,

We are very glad to hear that you would stay again. I also want to apologize that your shower drain clogged. If ever you have any sort of concern or trouble please let us know so we can make things right.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

we stayed here with our 3 y/o granddaughter, the pool was wonderful
probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at, our granddaughter has epilepsy
and sleeps on the floor most of the time due to her condition
I was comfortable letting her do this when I saw how clean the floors were

and the bed was heaven after driving from Tx to Michigan in 1 day
we stopped here on the way back and it was excellent
so very very clean, and we did not hear anything from the airport not 1 plane
the cleaning staff was so nice to our granddaughter, she wanted to see there babygrand
piano, and we looked from the top of the stairs and no one got upset or mad
I can't wait to go back
just wish you offered a continental breakfast

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FortWorthMomof2
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a very clean hotel manged by professionals.
I liked everything there:
- Spacious free parking
- Amazing lobby / hall area
- Very clean rooms
- Fast internet
- Comfortable beds
- Very helpful front desk mangers
- Good breakfast and perfect lunch
I will stay there again and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We took a few days off to enjoy the Indianapolis attractions. We enjoyed our visit in the town and the hotel accommodations. The staff at the desk very friendly and helpful. We got in late on our last night there so we were sleeping in a bit when the housekeeper tapped on the door at 9 am and ask when we were leaving...thought it was a little rude!

Room Tip: lower floors are quieter due to airport traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doyle A
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a Crowne Plaza property, but it used to be a different level of Holiday Inn. The hotel did not disappoint at all, but there is an interior swimming pool and the smell of chlorine is immediately noticable when you come inside. This is not really a complaint, it just reminded me of some of the vacations I went on with parents when i was a kiddo. The rooms were really great, the restauarnt was excellent (try the grilled salmon salad, it was fantastic!). A note about the interior of the buidling, it was really cool! You could actually spend time exploring all of the different things they have in there - a great enclosed banquet hall on the top floor, a neat mezanine area on the second level, even an amphiteatre. I spent some time just seeing all of it.

The people on duty at reception when we checked in were not as helpful as they could have been. Our departure was not scheduled until late the next evening, so we requested a slightly delayed checkout (which is a common request with flight crews). This was flatly refused, so we waited until morning and asked the manager on duty at that time and it was immediately granted. It would have been more convenient to have arranged it the night before, but all's well that ends well.

Overall this was a comfortable hotel that met all of my expecations. I would give it a 3.5 if I were able, but since I'm limited to a 5 point scale I will go with the three I have given it. Yes, I would happily stay here again, and yes, I would certainly recommend it to others. The only reason that it did not score higher on my scale is that is not quite a luxury hotel, just a good comfortable hotel that would be great for business or other travel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I booked this hotel on priceline for a great price. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. The pool was fantastic, a little small but nice warm water. The room was nice, quiet and clean, beds were super comfy. Close location to the Indianapolis Zoo. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family