“Great place to stay near the airport”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #75 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here to catch an early flight the next morning. They have a shuttle that drops you off and picks you up. There was some noise from the planes flying over, but they gave you ear plugs and had noise machines. Nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan R
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Hello,

Thank you for choosing us to park and fly! We hope you had a great trip!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel in a room with a king size bed. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and spaciousness of the room. The bed was very comfortable and they also had bathrobes and nice toiletries. Our room overlooked the runway but we were not bothered a bit by the planes. We got a really good price on priceline and I would happily return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to see that you would choose us again!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Overall, I was quite happy with my stay in this hotel. they've got a free shuttle from the airport. It is convenient for staying near the airport. Rooms are very spacious and well appointed, nice comfy bed. Not too noisy when you think it is really a couple of miles from the Airport. I believe it must depends on the wind, because only really hear it one night and not for the other 3. Breakfast was alright, a bit on the greasy side for eggs and sausages.. with a few other options available. However, it is a good 20 mn drive from Downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hi,

Thank you for writing. We have shared your review with our staff. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Indy!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The rooms were clean and the hotel even gives you some aromatherapy spray. During our two days there we didn't hear a single airplane. We stayed in room 340 and 338. However on both nights people were running down the hall and being loud around 2 AM.

The hotel had good service both at the breakfast buffet and the bar. At breakfast there was a choice of hot food, breads and fruit. We were wishing that the bar offered snack/bar food like nuts or popcorn. The lobby has a pitcher of fruit flavored water.

Overall we had a good stay and if I ever found myself in Indy again I would stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are sorry to hear about the noise in the halls. We have a 24hr manager on duty who is available to address any of your concerns. When you stay with us in the future please don't hesitate to contact them with any questions, concerns or needs. You can reach them by dialing 0 or stopping by our front desk.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I attended a convention here and were delighted with our room and amenities. The hotel is huge with ample space for several conventions. Our hotel room was spacious, had a lovely view and housekeeping was prompt and efficient. The main dining room breakfast was a little weak, service slow, so I can't say too many positive things about the dining at this hotel. The lunch was fairly non-existent in the cafe -- got a good hamburger one day in the hotel bar :) Other than food, the place was clean, lovely, with great accommodations!

Room Tip: The front desk personnel are very accommodating. Just tell them you wishes or needs. They seem willi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that your dining experience was less than what you expected. We have shared your comments with our food and beverage staff as well as our front desk team. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This review is geared more towards the business travelers who are loyal to IHG properties.
(Platinum / Ambassador / Royal Ambassadors...you know who you are and what your expectations are. So some of my issues may seem rather petty to the casual hotel guest.)

I booked the Best Available Rate - King Executive with 5k bonus points directly on IHG.com. (with the anticipation of receiving 2-room King Suite - a one-level upgrade).
Received no upgrade.

The room: 5th floor. Clean but rather small for "King Executive"...pretty much an averaged-size room with a bed, desk, chair and small bathroom with a tub. It could have been mistaken for a $50/night La Quinta....except it cost $175/nt. Let me emphasize, that the room was perfectly spotless...everything in its place. It's just smaller than the term "King Executive" implies. White linens that smelled fresh. Amenity kit and breakfast menu on the bed. Two sets of ear plugs provided...as this hotel sits DIRECTLY off the end of runway 32. If you're an aviation buff, ask for an airport-view room. The aircraft fly right overhead and land just on the other side of the freeway. (Others may not be so excited about airliners flying over their heads.)

The Executive Lounge:
My first attempt to enter the lounge didn't work. My key wouldn't allow access. A trip back down to the front desk and I was asked to re-confirm my Platinum status, (which seemed odd because I was already booked into the Exec floor). I did; my key was re-coded, and I could then access the lounge. It was clean, and actually quite nice. A fridge full of non-alc beverages, fruit and later some hot snacks (mozzarella sticks and mini-corn dogs....not exactly 5-star but perfectly acceptable). No beers/cocktails...not even during the evening hours. Spent about 10 minutes in the lounge and never saw a soul.

Good:
Beautiful, open-air lobby with soaring ceilings and water features.
Room service was prompt and food was well-presented and tasty. Seared tuna and club sandwich was enough to feed a small army.
The hotel bartender was very friendly and prompt.

Bad:
Two people working the front counter at check-in. One appeared to be the property manager, but she was working with one of the housekeepers on scheduling the cleaning of rooms. From their conversations, it sounded like the hotel had dozens of rooms that had yet to be cleaned, even though it was 7PM. The other desk agent had her hands full juggling phone calls and an agitated guest who had locked himself out of his room with no ID and not even sure of his room number.
After 7-8 minutes, the manager ended her conversation with staff, and offered to check me in. "Yes, I have your reservation. Sign here, here and here and here's your key and your Priority Club gift bag...I mean Intercontinental Hotels Group." (worth a chuckle to both of us).
No mention of an upgrade or reason none was offered. If I had known my King Exec would be so ho-hum, I would have asked for one. Didn't feel like playing 'musical chairs' with rooms, and just rode the horse I mounted.

No acknowledgement of status at check-in, other than being handed a goody bag with a Hershey bar, trail mix and a drink certificate for the hotel bar. No upgrade to the room I was actually hoping to receive, in spite of the hotel seeming to be nearly deserted.

Received a mystery knock on the door from hotel maintenance rather late at night. I didn't open the door but asked what the problem was. He said my TV wasn't working. I said I haven't turned on my TV and hadn't complained. He left without saying another word.

Value?
Definitely not a value for the King Exec. Should have booked a standard room for $135. If the hotel was right outside the airport terminal like it used to be (before IND opened the new terminal), the CP was a perfect location for travelers arriving at IND. Now, with the IND terminal being on the other side of the airport, this CP needs to up their game a bit to remain attractive to travelers, especially for their Plats booking superior rooms. Downtown Indy looks more attractive and a better value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank airmotive

Hello,

We appreciate you taking your time to write such an informative and detailed review! We have reviewed your comments in our weekly guest satisfaction meeting and the staff was appreciative of the feedback. Thanks again!!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

It was close to the ariport and they have frequent shuttles to the airport. They had a pool and a small gym which was really great .Nice bar and the breakfast buffet is superb, I would definitely stay here again if and when I am ever in Indy in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very happy that you had a nice stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!