“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel close to the airport. Heard a few planes flying over but not bad for an airport hotel. Would stay there again. Comfortable bed and nice amenities. Left early so didn't see the whole hotel but the pool area looked nice.
They had a heating issue a few days before so there weren't a lot of people there. There is also easy access to the highway to get downtown or anywhere else.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pike954
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you will have more time to enjoy our pool the next time you are here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Like the title of my review states, I stayed there for free as part of a conference. I would be much more upset if I had paid myself.

I stayed in room 432 on January 24th-26th. The room was very clean except for a few pubic hairs on the side of the bed and copious amounts of dust on the lights in the bathroom. The noise of planes overhead was not disruptive in my room but it was annoying in my conference room on the 5th floor. The sleep kits and earplugs were a nice touch but I with there was a sleep kit for each of us. I received wakeup calls both mornings at 8 AM even though I had not scheduled them. I also had to take a cold shower both days. The first day it was ice cold and the second day luke warm.

My biggest complaint by far was the dining situation. There were a few people staying in the hotel who were not part of my convention. The tables set up in the lobby were a major inconvenience for them as you could barely get to the front desk. There are very few lights in the lobby. It was so dark that you couldn't tell what some of the food was. I felt like I was eating in Hollister. The food was fairly terrible. One day we had Philly cheesesteak. The bread was still frozen! The juice at breakfast is some off-brand junk that tastes terrible. The worst part about all of this is how rude the waitstaff was. One of them spilled something on me while changing trays. Another one, on three separate occasions, pushed me out of their way while I was sitting down eating. Several others shoved me and others as they filled the buffets. I realize that catering staff aren't well refined but these people were beyond the point of just being gruff.

Bring a power strip. There is no place to plug anything in in the bathroom. The room had one available plug since two outlets located on the lamp didn't work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mgoudy85
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear mgoudy85,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My family stayed before a vacation and used a park and ride for the airport. The hotel is directly in the flight path, but the kids loved watching the planes go directly over the hotel. We were on the second floor and did not notice plane noise during the night. The hotel pool was warm and a kid favorite.

Staying as a park and ride was a great idea. The night we stayed about 4 inches fell and the hotel shuttle used an access road to provide safe transportation. The interstate was stopped due to all the accidents. Upon our return another 11 inches of snow had fallen and the hotel had shovels and scrapers. After 15 minutes I had our car and headed home.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rusty M
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear that everything was to your satisfaction. We hope you will choose us in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hey Renee,

Thanks for all of your help on my billing issue through travelocity! After you talked it over with your staff you and I spoke and you said you would refund me my funds but to check back in couple weeks if nothing happened.

Well, I did as you advised and I called travelocity to get a status on my refund and they were at a loss and not sure what I was talking about. They claimed to have spoken to you today and you have denied the refund and are claiming I stayed two nights when in fact I have stayed one!

I have the invoice from your hotel stating I have a $128.29 refund. I tried calling you right after you spoke to travelocity and you did pick up but then hung up right away. i quickly called back and left you a detailed message. I will not let this just go away just on principle alone, you pretty much are saying my wife and I lied about the nights we stayed. Heck, you even talked with Stephanie the night manager that I called on December 6 about my late arrival because of the snow and that we couldn't get to the hotel until the December 7th

Thanks for the call back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dennis C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Dennis C,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed here while attending a tradeshow downtown. The hotel location was very convenient and was a great price. Though the short drive to downtown can be tough in the cold weather, it never bothered us.
The hotel room was extremely clean and looked new. I have no complaints about the 2 rooms we had. We did use the bar and restaurant and both filled the need.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone willing to drive into the city and looking for a great clean hotel that is a bargain when compared to the over priced hotels downtown. This location would be excellent location for those coming for the Speedway.
We did park a truck and small trailer in the parking lot with no issues.
The FEDEX planes do take off and land at weird times.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Happy Holidays!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. We will pass along your comments to our team, they appreciate gettting feedback. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here to catch an early flight the next morning. They have a shuttle that drops you off and picks you up. There was some noise from the planes flying over, but they gave you ear plugs and had noise machines. Nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan R
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Hello,

Thank you for choosing us to park and fly! We hope you had a great trip!
kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel in a room with a king size bed. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and spaciousness of the room. The bed was very comfortable and they also had bathrobes and nice toiletries. Our room overlooked the runway but we were not bothered a bit by the planes. We got a really good price on priceline and I would happily return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello,

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to see that you would choose us again!