We stayed at the Crowne Plaza after going to the Drag Strip in Indy. Got a very good rate through Hotwire. Getting to the hotel was a bit tricky due to all of the construction going on right now. However, that was no fault of the hotel. Check in was quick and front desk was friendly. The hallways were beautifully carpeted and clean. The room was clean. We had a nice flat screen T.V. The bed was very comfortable. Blanket was in between 2 sheets which I like because it helps with the "ick" factor. Only 3 things that would have made it better. Although there were many many pillows on the bed, the pillows were small square ones. I personally like a standard size pillow. Secondly, the lighting in the rooms is very dim. Third, the shower head was mounted too low in the shower. Is great for someone who is very short, but being 5'8" I had to duck to get my head under it. These were all minor though compared to the good things about this hotel. The restaurant had the most delicious food. The wait staff was very personable and were willing to go out of their way to make sure that you had a good experience there. The Ribeye was to die for. Huge portions of food and way too much to eat. The breakfast buffet the next morning was equally grand. Eggs, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, cereals, pancakes, potatoes. Very good food. Check out was great. Chris, who was working at the desk upon checkout, was very personable and fun to chat with.
Overall, the stay was very good and I would definitely come back to this hotel as well as refer friends and family there as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour. Welcome to the newly renovated Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport hotel!The Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel is located just minutes from the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) and offers free airport shuttle service.Our Indianapolis Airport hotel is a smoke-free full-service, atrium style hotel & conference center featuring free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel & versatile conference space, including an amphitheater & symposium. For casual dining enjoy American cuisine in The Landing Restaurant. When time is of the essence, try A Cup Above Coffee Bar & Bakery proudly pouring Starbucks Coffee or order through room service from 6 AM to 11 PM. Need to exercise? Our top notch fitness center & indoor heated pool await you. Located 8 miles from downtown & many nearby attractions, such as the Indiana Convention Center, Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Eiteljorg Museum, Indianapolis Zoo & Circle Centre Mall. Come experience simplified elegance and unparalleled level of service at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis
- Holiday Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Crowne Plaza
- Indianapolis Holiday Inn