“This a very nice hotel”

Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
tennessee
“This a very nice hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February for business and I was very happy. The decor of the lobby and rooms are updated and very nice. This newly updated decor has a very upbeat feel. This upbeat decor continues in bathrooms and the room it's self. The room comes with a large flat screen tv. Rooms are also very clean and comfortable. Fitness room has good a nice assortment of up todate cardio and strength training equipment. Another nice attribute to this hotel is the Starbucks located in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2012
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
md88plt,

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a kind review of our hotel. When undertaking such a comprehensive renovation, I can say that we had guests like you in mind, and we are thrilled you noticed the upgrades we made to our facility. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations on your return visits to Indianapolis.

Regards,

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Went to spend a night In downtown Indianapolis for fun. Hotel is in a great location if you want to walk to lots of restaurants, the mall, several bars, and clubs. Room was average, they have all been updated for the Super Bowl which was here last weekend. The bathroom sink looks very modern, but splashes water everywhere and makes bathroom look messy. Nice shower. Parking is $30, so be forewarned. Wifi is extra too. There is a nice little gym, indoor pool, steam shower and sauna. The hotel itself is 80's looking but rooms comfortable. The staff was very kind and helpful. If you get a good deal on Priceline (we received $50 on a Saturday night) or something, it is worth a stay, but wouldn't pay full price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I imagine the room conditions will improve after the current remodel. As with many Hyatt Regencies that were once palaces of modern architecture during the 70's, this one has struggled a bit to keep the ravages of time at bay. Hyatt has always ranked a notch behind Hilton & Marriott in investing in their aging properties & while the public spaces still have a modern George Jetson vibe, the rooms are showing 40 years of wear and tear.

My room had peeling wallpaper in a corner, scuffs on the wall, worn, cracked caulking in the shower & dirty tile grout - things you might accept in a motel during Spring Break, but not the standard for a decent business hotel. Again, hopefully these issues will be remedied during their current renovation.

The location however, is first rate, smack in the middle of the compact downtown area and easily accessible to all the main venues. There are not a large number of hotel choices in the downtown area, so If you're looking for convenience, a centralized location, full business facilities & reasonable rates, the Hyatt probably has the best location for that - Just don't expect luxury, exceptional service or a 4 star experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear MSelmi,

Thank you for your recent posting from your stay back in April 2011. As you noted we have a fantastic location, and we recently completed a $20 million guest room renovation – making our hotel rooms the newest in the city. You will notice on our website that we have updated the photos. We hope you have the opportunity to enjoy our upgraded hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I decided to take a weekend trip to Indy for the Monster Energy Supercross, we wanted a romantic getaway and decided to step it up to a 4 star hotel. We were excited to be within walking distance of the big mall and to Lucas Oil Stadium for the race. I have a chronic pain disorder and sometimes have to use a cane to help me along. After walking all day due to exploring downtown and the race....we decided to stop in the hotel bar for a cold drink. The place was hopping with people drinking and having a good time, most of them casually dressed in button down shirts, slacks or dresses. My wife and I had just come from the race in jeans and hooded sweatshirts (mind you we paid $200.00 a night for a room just as everyone else) I took a seat due to my hip bothering me, my wife continued to the bar. I watched her wait for 20 minutes, with no line in front of her stand at the bar and be completely invisible to the bartender. I went over to her and said "let's go to bed". On the way up I stopped by the front desk to give a piece of my mind and was not even apologized to. Someone needs to tell these people the old saying don't judge a book by it's cover because my wife and I had a pocket full of money that we would have gladly sat and spent on cocktails if they weren't ignorant enough to ignore us because we weren't dressed like the rest of the "Hoi Poloi" in the lounge that night. Lousy service, room was ok but I've stayed in WAY better for less than $200.00 bucks a nite. Long walk from the parking deck to the hotel. Rude staff, will NEVER go back!!

Room Tip: If you are under 40 make sure you put your dress clothes on if you hope to buy a drink in the bar!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn1981
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Shawn1981,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for the poor service you experienced. Rest assured that costumer service is our top priority and we will address the issues you mentioned in your review. On your next visit to Indianapolis, we invite you to experience the customer service that you have come to expect from a Hyatt property.

Regards,

Bradford, Ontario
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The management at the Hyatt in Indy need to be aware that exercise rooms are an important element for the business traveller and need daily maintenance. On Wednesday, towels, water and anti bacterial wipes. Thursday, no water, no anti bacterial wipes. On Friday, no water, no towels or anti bacterial wipes. Very dissappointing from the Hyatt chain.....which should be a cut above the norm.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 January 2012

First of all, I will not go back to this hotel for something that seems very small but is extremely frustrating... They have 20 floors, 4 elevators, and a LOT of guests... which means it can take literally 30 minutes to get to your room (count on at least 10).

Before I go any further: The bedding made me break out in hives! I was so itchy I could hardly sleep. This has never happened to me before. My boyfriend didn't have an issue, but I wouldn't trust it...

The rooms look nice but are very small (and I upgraded to a corner room, which was supposed to be bigger; I can't even imagine how small the others are). Speaking of which, this corner room was supposed to have a "partial view of the Capitol building." It was very partial... we had to smush our faces against the wall to see it!

There were a lot of corners that were cut. For example: No bathtub, the "full bath amenities" didn't even include hand soap, only enough caffeinated coffee for one cup, television wasn't digital, only two bath towels, etc.

The garage is hard to navigate and the parking staff are anything but friendly.

All these things seem very small but for the price it surely adds up to make for one very aggravating visit...

It IS a nice location and the rooms are modern and clean. However, with so many choices of hotels around why stay at one that takes so long to get to your room (plus everything else I mentioned)

Room Tip: Forget about upgrading to the top floor, the views aren't that great; get a lower room so you ca...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kay p
Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Check in was a breeze, lobby area is great offering starbucks and subway along with other restaurants and cafe and small bar. Hallways are open to the large building so there is not that stuffy feeling. Corner room was spacious, everything was neat and clean. Bed and pillows were most comfy. Conveniently located to everything in this fun little city. Had a great weekend, highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends