“Don't use the valet”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This hotel is nice and in a great location, but do not use the valet. I never use them, but my friend did. They gave her two stories on how the back window in her Mercedes was busted out. That’s not even the issue. They never contacted her, and brought the car around with a busted out window. I would definitely suggest staying here, but stop being lazy, and park your own car. This was my second stay there, and probably won’t be my last.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Carl C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a review and for your recent stay with us. Our deepest apologies about your friend’s car. This is not the service we wish to provide. I am pleased to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had an excellent stay at the Hyatt for our anniversary weekend. I booked on travelocity and overlooked that I was booking for 2 double beds, when I actually wanted a King. They were booked and could not switch us, but the double beds were great sizes so hubby and I could share just fine! Large awesome beautiful room with a fridge, great closet and gorgeous bathroom! We did the 'surf and park' so the valet was included in our bill. I couldn't find anything wrong with our room even if I tried. Everything was great EXCEPT when we went to leave. We waited close to an hour to get our car at the valet. There was a colts game that day and all the football traffic was coming in. Apparently they offer parking for $20 for Colts fans and in addition to that there was some kind of book fair going on inside of the Hyatt and vendors were pulling into the valet area to unload their cars and blocking the entire drive. It was complete chaos. There were many angry hotel guests. So plan ahead accordingly if there is a game the day you plan on leaving. We thought we were getting out early enough to miss the traffic, but the valet was so far behind we had no chance.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear angels s,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review - we appreciate your feedback. Happy Anniversary! We hope you will return for another celebration soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We recently stayed here since my husband had a conference in the hotel. I was just tagging along to do some sightseeing in the city.

Pros:
- The hotel is in a good location, in the heart of downtown.
- There were many eating options in the hotel - from cheap Subway to a classier Eagle's Nest
- The room's decor was stylish yet elegant

Cons:
- The room had a strong musty, mouldy smell in it
- The bed was uncomfortable for me - that might be a personal preference but I had to sleep on the floor on all three days!
- Our room was not serviced the first day, I had to ask for it the next day
- The bathroom's sink splashed water everywhere, the bathtub's drain plug didn't work so you couldn't soak in it, the WC was too high, and the bath tissue holder was too close to the WC. I hit my elbow on it twice! Also, one of the bathroom's ceiling tiles was displaced, so that all the utilities inside were visible. This is not what you expect from a Hyatt!
- The front desk personnel who checked us in was very curt and dismissive. I wanted to ask him for some recommendations on things to do in the city, but I found his attitude to be very unapproachable.
- My husband is a vegetarian, and he was served terrible food during the conference. Needless to say, we ate out all the time.

Given a choice, we will not stay here again.

Dear PG1808,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is not the level of service we wish to provide.

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms, some odd layouts to aspects of the room, like it's hard to pull the curtain & you get soaked with cold water when you turn on the shower due to the door placement, some Internet connectivity challenges, but overall very nice. Great food, convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Kjmazeltov,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. It is a joy to hear that you mostly enjoyed your stay and we greatly appreciate you feedback. Please come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed there 3 nights for a conference. Everything went smooth and the workers were superb. I only wish the lobby McDonalds was still there. Check in was a breeze and I did it electronically then scanned cell phone to get my room key. Valet was friendly, but they were working on the lobby entrance drive through. I miss the OTB being across the street, but this hotel is sure centrally located. Tip: save parking fees by parking in the Circle Center Mall Parking Garage and skip the $30 daily rate at the Hyatt. I walked and visited IUPUI and the Indiana Historical Museum. The maids were efficient and friendly. One Minus: the vending machines on each floor only take credit cards! What ever happended to putting 4 quarters in a machine for a water or pop? The lobby bar was fun with good and friendly bartenders. As a whole, I rather like this place.

Room Tip: with a busy convention, get a room on floor 4 so you dont have to stop at each floor

Dear Kimo688889,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis and for your very flattering review. It sounds as though you have stayed with us in the past and it is a pleasure to have you come back and stay with us again. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I attended a two day conference at the Hyatt downtown. It was an incredible place. Though I live near Indianapolis, it was still fun to be at such a nice place that I'd managed to never see before. The hotel was wonderful. The service during the conference was amazing. They had food at each break and were very timely. The food was amazing. The lunches were great both days. The servers were friendly and attentive. They were true professionals. There were some attendees with special dietary needs and they were treated very well and commented on it repeatedly. The parking garage below the hotel was a bit confusing but the attendants were nice enough to direct me around to avoid confusion and tardiness. I just cannot say enough about the level of service the employees of this hotel provided. Great service sometimes feels like a thing of that past but that it not true at this Hyatt.

Dear JackJennPetefish,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. It is a pleasure to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable and that our staff provided truly authentic hospitality. Even though you live in the area, I hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed here for one night to get a highlight of Indianapolis. The hotel is very city center and is located within walking distance to food and attaractions. At the time of our arrival there was construction going on in front of the hotel entrance so we drove in circles trying to find the drive. After having to call the front desk we finaly found it. There were 3 confrences going on the day we checked in for the hotel was very busy. The valet and front desk were polite and helpful. I asked the front desk for dining reccomendations and they handed me a map but really couldn't give me any personal reccomendations.

After a long day of walking around the city and taking in the sites we turned in around 11pm around 11:30pm our neighbor turned their tv on and it was so loud that I could hear it like it was in our room. After about an hour of this I called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up. It took about another hour for someone to come up I could hear them banging on the door because the person could not here them the tv was so loud. The person never came to the door so that followed by a phone call that I could also hear followed by more banging on the door. Needless to say the walls are paper thin. Not a restful night sleep.

At check out we asked to have our parking added to the room reservation and asked to have our bags held while we went out into the city one last time. We came back to pick up are luggage and car and the Valet had no record of our payment of the parking we had to stand out in the heat while they went inside to verify that we actually paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Melanie W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and deeply apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay. Please come back and stay with us again as this is not the service and hospitality we strive to provide.