“Sufficient and clean for business stay”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Broomfield, Colorado
“Sufficient and clean for business stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

All in all a good stay -- room was clean and hotel was modern-looking, unlike, from what I understand, several of the other hotels in this hotel class in the area.

The Good:

Clean room, nice bed, nice in-room work station for business travelers, excellent service (encountered some really nice people). Great location in downtown Indianapolis, across the street from the mall and within walking distance of several restaurants.

The Bad:

Starbucks closed early -- like 3 or 4 in the afternoon -- I would have liked them to stay open a bit longer so that I could have gotten my latte after 5 when I got back to the hotel.

Drinks were pricey -- 9 bucks for a ok glass of wine.

Short on toilet paper -- had to call the front desk to ask for more.

Internet wasn't great -- had some speed issues that made it difficult to work from the hotel room, but I've read from other reviews that this is typical for this Hyatt.

One morning, housekeeping employees were protesting outside of all four corners of the hotel. A bit of a put-off.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear Kimmiekaz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest room and our prime location at the center of downtown Indianapolis. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us better serve our guests in the future. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Brian Comes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

A month ago I stayed at the J W Marriott,
but didn't realize how glorious it was until I stayed at the Hyatt.
It took 20 min to get to the valet-the front is all screwed up. Self parking was full (of
course. The reservation number had told me I'd get an upgrade. Nope. They could care less.
I got room service. It doesn't include salt and pepper-so bring your own.
The tub stopper didn't work. I waited and
waited for the guy to come and fix it. Too tired by then but the next morning-guess what -didn't work. Had to be replaced
Now I'm watching RT- a Russian propaganda channel. Please stay somewhere else

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jmekjmek
Dear Jmekjmek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. This is not the quality of experience we wish to provide. I hope that you would give us another try and come back and stay with us again.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed here on business. It is a standard Hyatt Hotel with good rooms that are very business friendly. The customer service is good and the place is clean. There are a number of good restaurants in a two block range. I could hear some of the talk in the room next to mine and I didn't like the fact that they didn't send the bill for the night under the door requiring me to have to go thru check out when I left. I would stay there again. The price is also good for the value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Scott B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and quality customer service. Thank you for your feedback in regards to your invoice. Please come back and see us again soon.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

The stay was fine. But $10 for Internet in this age tells me you're only after my money, no matter how nice the staff is. I get that while here I will overpay for food, drinks, valet, bottled water... and I accept that. But when your hotel causes bad data connection on my phone and you want 10 bucks so I can download a free app about visiting Indy so I can plan my day tomorrow, well, you're pretty much jerks.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank JT1Night
Dear JT1Night,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate your feedback. Our internet pricing is in line with other hotels in Indianapolis. As an alternative, we offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby.

Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

This hotel is nice and in a great location, but do not use the valet. I never use them, but my friend did. They gave her two stories on how the back window in her Mercedes was busted out. That’s not even the issue. They never contacted her, and brought the car around with a busted out window. I would definitely suggest staying here, but stop being lazy, and park your own car. This was my second stay there, and probably won’t be my last.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Carl C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a review and for your recent stay with us. Our deepest apologies about your friend’s car. This is not the service we wish to provide. I am pleased to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us again. We hope to see you soon.

Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had an excellent stay at the Hyatt for our anniversary weekend. I booked on travelocity and overlooked that I was booking for 2 double beds, when I actually wanted a King. They were booked and could not switch us, but the double beds were great sizes so hubby and I could share just fine! Large awesome beautiful room with a fridge, great closet and gorgeous bathroom! We did the 'surf and park' so the valet was included in our bill. I couldn't find anything wrong with our room even if I tried. Everything was great EXCEPT when we went to leave. We waited close to an hour to get our car at the valet. There was a colts game that day and all the football traffic was coming in. Apparently they offer parking for $20 for Colts fans and in addition to that there was some kind of book fair going on inside of the Hyatt and vendors were pulling into the valet area to unload their cars and blocking the entire drive. It was complete chaos. There were many angry hotel guests. So plan ahead accordingly if there is a game the day you plan on leaving. We thought we were getting out early enough to miss the traffic, but the valet was so far behind we had no chance.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear angels s,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review - we appreciate your feedback. Happy Anniversary! We hope you will return for another celebration soon.

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We recently stayed here since my husband had a conference in the hotel. I was just tagging along to do some sightseeing in the city.

Pros:
- The hotel is in a good location, in the heart of downtown.
- There were many eating options in the hotel - from cheap Subway to a classier Eagle's Nest
- The room's decor was stylish yet elegant

Cons:
- The room had a strong musty, mouldy smell in it
- The bed was uncomfortable for me - that might be a personal preference but I had to sleep on the floor on all three days!
- Our room was not serviced the first day, I had to ask for it the next day
- The bathroom's sink splashed water everywhere, the bathtub's drain plug didn't work so you couldn't soak in it, the WC was too high, and the bath tissue holder was too close to the WC. I hit my elbow on it twice! Also, one of the bathroom's ceiling tiles was displaced, so that all the utilities inside were visible. This is not what you expect from a Hyatt!
- The front desk personnel who checked us in was very curt and dismissive. I wanted to ask him for some recommendations on things to do in the city, but I found his attitude to be very unapproachable.
- My husband is a vegetarian, and he was served terrible food during the conference. Needless to say, we ate out all the time.

Given a choice, we will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear PG1808,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is not the level of service we wish to provide.