“Incredible hotel amenities and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Incredible hotel amenities and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

The hotel was very good to us and our schedule. We were able to check out late and the maids did not come knocking at the door. We were greeted with smiles and they answered every question. The hotel has a great swimming pool and hot tub. The fitness facility is unlike any I have seen. Each cardio machine has individual tv's. Free weights, weight machines, towels, water, and fold towels are all available.
We will deffinately stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Dear Moo_bir,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our staff greeted you with authentic hospitality and that you enjoyed our fitness center. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Best Regard,
Brian Comes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel is on top of things. The individuals in valet parking, front desk, room service, and house keeping were all very nice and friendly. The room was amazing and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Christopher R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with authentic hospitality. Please come back to stay with us again soon.

Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed here New Years Eve. We received an email saying we could arrive at 12:00 pm and check in early, the room was ready. We got to the hotel at 230, waited in the long line to check-in only to find out that our room wasn't ready, we could wait in the lobby and someone would call me on my cell phone, however when we did receive our call we'd have to get back in line and wait again. We waited in the lobby well over an hour and decided to jump back in line and find out what was taking so long. We got back up to the service desk and was advised that the room was in fact ready. I explained to the worker that no one had called and I had been waiting in the lobby for well over an hour. She apologized and quickly got us on our way. The room was clean and had a great view. The New Years Eve Bash was fantastic. The entertainment and food was terrific! I would highly recommend going to the New Years Eve festivities. I'm just very disappointed in the hotel. I received an email response from management last night who informed me the hotel room was ready the entire time, and wasn't sure why we were told it wasn't.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Capitol.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Heather B
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear Heather B,

Thank you for taking the time and for your recent stay with us this New Year’s Eve. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is not the service we wish to provide. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope that you do come back and stay with us again soon.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

We made arrangements to stay 3 nights at the Indianapolis Hyatt Regency for a Colts Football game and for their New Years Eve Party....We have stayed at the JW Marriott, Indianapolis previously multiple times and decided to try something different...We were not disappointed and very pleased. Wonderful rooms, very clean, relaxed atmosphere and a very pleasant staff were several of the positive characteristics of this hotel. The New Years Eve Party was well organized, well managed, very secure and just a heck of a lot of fun. The hyatt Regency is is an outstanding location and makes it easy to get around town especially with the use of the stadium tunnel and sky walks that make the shopping mall and local places to eat very accessible! We travel alot and have been at some of the best hotels throughout the country and world and for whatever reasons, we really liked this hotel and the staff that made this a great experience. Price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: If you like a view...higher up is better, although you may pay a little more....
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear philfromdayton,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our New Year’s Eve Party and our prime location near Lucas Oil Stadium. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with our staff! Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I just expected more. I walked through the front door and the greeters completely missed my son and I. Checked in with no problem and had a pretty good stay with the following complaints. No concierge or anyone who could point me in the right direction when I needed. Only one clerk at desk during the most critical time, early Monday morning after a Sunday NFL game--go figure?? Despite the privacy hang tag, the maid entered my room. I had to knock on the staff only door to get someone to check me out and call a cab on Monday morning. Additionally, my entire party was checked out a day early for no apparent reason. The male lobby restrooms had 2 of 2 broken urinals. Lastly, my son inadvertently left the room door ajar for maybe 2 minutes and security guard met me at the door as I was closing it only to tell me that was a security violation. I'm not sure if he even knew how to spell security, but I am sure he does not know that most hotels have moved away from the antiquated anti-theft latch used my this hotel; and he was right, Hyatt committed a security violation. It's a really nice hotel but the manager probable does not have a clue about his/her failure to meet basic customer needs.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear psharpton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is not the standard of service we wish to provide. I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

We headed to Indy to suprise our son for his 6th birthday. Staying in a hotel is the best thing in the world for him. We chose the Hyatt through Priceline and got a great deal. While checking in, the front desk agent asked what brought us to town. My son told her we suprised him for his birthday and we were just out for an adventure. After heading out to dinner later that evening and returning to our room, we were greeted with cookies, juice, and a birthday card on the counter. The front desk agent Arielle had so kindly remembered and sent those up for the birthday boy. She made his night. Also, there were a few bridal parties staying at the hotel and they were kind enough to place us far away from them :).
Later in the night we did experience some rowdinessin an adjacent room that lasted about an hour. Within minutes, security was there to resolve the issue and asked us to please let them know of any other problems. The next morning, we received a phone call making sure everything was handled ok and to see if there was anything else we needed. What customer service!
Aside from being in a great location, the reservations are reasonable and you can't beat the parking rates!!! Looking forward to our next stay!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Adrianne J,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for choosing the Hyatt Regency to celebrate your son’s birthday. I am so pleased to hear that Arielle provided you with such great customer service. We look forward to your return visit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed in this hotel because we were going to a Colts game and wanted to go from the hotel to the stadium without going outside. The hotel also has a walkway to the mall. We got a decent price on the room and stayed here for 2 nights. There were a lot of people staying in this hotel but once you are in your room, you hear almost nothing. The staff is extremely nice and helpful with whatever you need. There are also motion lights in the room so when you get up in the middle of the night, you don't have to turn on a light. As you walk through the room, the light turns on so you can get to the bathroom without tripping over anything. The room is nice, the bed is large and comfortable. The main complaint seems to be about the cost of Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, many of the hotels around here charge that much for Wi-Fi so there doesn't seem to be a lot of alternatives. I always prefer to have a microwave in the room which they did not have but again neither did any of the hotels around here. I was very surprised about that. The hotel is within walking distance of all the restaurants and downtown hotspots. We did not know where we wanted to go to eat but the staff was very helpful by giving us a map of all of the restaurants around the hotel and also providing us with coupons for them. We will definitely stay here again when we come back for Colts games in the future. It is nice to have an indoor walkway to the mall and to the game.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ej9718,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location near Lucas Oil Stadium. We look forward to seeing you next Colts season.