I have stayed at several different hotels in Indy because my daughter attends Butler and I visit her several times a year. This was my first stay at the Hyatt Regency and I absolutely delighted in their excellent service. Every employee that we encountered at the hotel greeted us and welcomed us and asked if they could be of service in any way. The valet staff was cordial and helpful and eager to provide directions if needed; the staff at the desk grinned and smiled and checked us in early; when we couldn't get the room key to work, another staff member leaped to assist us and acted as if it made his day to have the privilege to assist us. Frankly, the service at the Hyatt was the best service I've encountered in any city.
The room was very nice with a fridge, safe, and upscale amenities and the beds were nice. Everything seemed very clean. The only issue was the motion detector between the double beds. It flashed all night (or so it seemed). It may have been due to a wire that was hanging down from the charger we were using. I am a light sleeper so this was a bit problematic. I would make sure that all cords, etc., are up so that the detector is not accidentally affected. The hotel is also in the city and there is city noise (sirens, etc.).
There is a pool and fitness facility. The fitness facility was the best I've seen at a hotel, with several different types of machines and a full range of weights. They have a business area but you must pay a fairly steep fee unless you are a certain type of Hyatt member. The hotel has easy access to the freeway and airport and is close to a variety of restaurants that are within an easy walk (as is the Circle Center Mall).
I would certainly stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated downtown hotel with a soaring 20 story atrium and vibrant, contemporary decor. 497 renovated guest rooms with high speed Internet access and clean, modern design compliment 25,000 square feet of meeting space with T1 high speed Internet access. Guest rooms feature luxurious bedding, marble bathrooms, large workstation with ample lighting, ergonomic seating, two dual line phones, refrigerators, coffeemakers, irons & boards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Indianapolis