“Best check in experience ever”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Tired after long drive..checked in fairly late..desk clerk was having trouble with their credit card server...sounds bad right? Nope. Susan, our check in person was the most gracious and friendly person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with at any hotel ever. She continued smiling and apologizing for the trouble and maintaining a professional attitude at all times. Even had my roommate and I laughing with casual conversation. I'm not sure what the Hyatt is paying her but they are getting every pennies worth and a whole bunch more! Thanks for a great experience that could have gone badly considering the circumstances. Susan and the Hyatt rock!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Mike M.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that Susan was able greet you at check in with authentic hospitality. I will pass along your kind words to Susan. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Brian Comes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I took a 10 yr old (friend), 11 yr old (mine), and 12 yr old girl (niece) to Indy for my daughter's Birthday. Her request was a "fancy" hotel. The hotel check in/ out process was amazing. The girls were treated like celebrities and the staff was so friendly. The atmosphere definitely delivered the experience we were looking for in a hotel. The pool was fun. Breakfast was great. The girls kept saying they were going to let their parents know how awesome the hotel was. I was on top of the world (and city, we were on the 20th floor)! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear HappyMom2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am pleased to hear that you chose the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis to celebrate your daughter’s birthday! I hope that you all are able to come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I enjoyed staying here for dancing. It's was very clean and the people are nice here. They are willing to help you with anything. Great parking and services. Convenient area and easy to get around. It's was an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Valorie07
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Valorie07,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided such great service, and that you were able to take advantage of our prime location. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have stayed at several different hotels in Indy because my daughter attends Butler and I visit her several times a year. This was my first stay at the Hyatt Regency and I absolutely delighted in their excellent service. Every employee that we encountered at the hotel greeted us and welcomed us and asked if they could be of service in any way. The valet staff was cordial and helpful and eager to provide directions if needed; the staff at the desk grinned and smiled and checked us in early; when we couldn't get the room key to work, another staff member leaped to assist us and acted as if it made his day to have the privilege to assist us. Frankly, the service at the Hyatt was the best service I've encountered in any city.

The room was very nice with a fridge, safe, and upscale amenities and the beds were nice. Everything seemed very clean. The only issue was the motion detector between the double beds. It flashed all night (or so it seemed). It may have been due to a wire that was hanging down from the charger we were using. I am a light sleeper so this was a bit problematic. I would make sure that all cords, etc., are up so that the detector is not accidentally affected. The hotel is also in the city and there is city noise (sirens, etc.).

There is a pool and fitness facility. The fitness facility was the best I've seen at a hotel, with several different types of machines and a full range of weights. They have a business area but you must pay a fairly steep fee unless you are a certain type of Hyatt member. The hotel has easy access to the freeway and airport and is close to a variety of restaurants that are within an easy walk (as is the Circle Center Mall).

I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear TexasTraveler020,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am delighted to hear you received the best service in any city. We pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I think the room and tv and safe are awesome because I didn't even expect all that stuff but what is really cool is the key entry to your room plus the service is the best I've ever had and I've been to many hotels for my sisters basketball and volleyball games and this one is by far the best including the elevators witch are fast and fun to go in

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the corner suits are a little bigger
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Austin C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided such terrific service and that you enjoyed our new RFID key system. I hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

The Hyatt in Indy is a kind of shared space arrangement with the PNC bank building. It’s a bit like having a hotel in a mall, which just seems wrong. The ‘lobby’ has no atmosphere, but friendly staff. And the rooms are pretty nice, having undergone a major overhaul in the past couple of years - nice new bathroom fittings etc. All in all its functionally sufficient, yet leaves an uneasy impression. Maybe that’s just me.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamesjcog

Dear Jamesjcog,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel while in town for a gymnastics meet at the Convention Center. We were very impressed with how easy it was to go back and forth between the hotel, convention center, mall, and restaurants without having to go outside!! The staff at the Hyatt was very service minded. We travel a lot and we stay at many high-end resorts/ hotels, and the friendliness here was among the best. The rooms were not as spacious as I would have preferred, but they were clean and well equipped. We will choose the Hyatt again for our next gymnastics meet in Indy!

• Stayed: January 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Liltrock,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our prime location and the our staff welcomed you with authentic hospitality. Please come back and stay with us again soon.