“Great hotel”

Ranked #22 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for a friends bachelorette party. The hotel was clean and modern. The rooms were on the small side but very crisp and spotless beyond belief. Service was ok, it took a while for us to get checked in to our rooms. There was a young man at the front desk, I believe his name was Gail, he was very personable and offered tips on places to visit in the vicinity. The location was great and within walking distance to major restaurants and bars downtown. One major perk was the easy access to Circle Center Mall. The hotel is connected to the mall via skywalk. The amenities in the room were nice and they even provide a tube of toothpaste which I found to be a nice touch. My only complaint was the parking. The parking garage was pricey at $22 per night. This does seem to be the trend in downtown Indy. The garage was slightly difficult to navigate and it took a minute to find a spot. Overall, I was highly impressed with the Hyatt and will return.

• Stayed March 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear AMT6510,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms and the customer service of our Front Desk Agents. We look forward to your return visit to stay with us again.

Brian Comes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Vincennes, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I swing in for a 3 day stint from Monday 3/11/13 to Wednesday 3/13/13 to check out the conference that my company has paid for. Usually I don't like to gripe, but WOW! They charge out the nose for parking in the garage even though you are a GUEST! Why can't they put it on the room so the company picked up the tab? It cost me about $87 for 3 days. That came out of MY pocket. YEAH! A few people I met wanted me to go to a restaurant for dinner and I made the mistake of agreeing. I go down, get in the company vehicle and try to leave. Before I can leave I have to pay $44 on Tuesday night. I was so ticked off I decided NOT to go and came back to the hotel. NOW.... I just left.... and now the parking garage is "FULL"". It was about 60% empty when I left and they're trying to tell me that I need to pay them the extra money for "VALET PARKING"" I said NO, I've already paid more than I usually spend on food in a week for two days of parking and would rather self park. I asked "how can it be FULL? I just left and it was almost empty? The Sneering Valet says, yeah,"it fills up pretty fast"". Ok... whatever... Where can I park? He said ""go next door to the mall and try their garage."" What choice do I have? pay the VALET? I'm the kind of person that has to right the wrongs so I'm not going to give him money for his little CON and said Sure... I park in the garage next door. Walk back to the hotel, go down into the garage of the hotel. SUre enough... less cars than there were when I left. WATCH YOUR BACK if you stay here. or just be a SMO and pay the con. If I had stayed without moving my truck for 3 days it would have only cost $66. Yeah.. ONLY

2 Thank Anthony E
Dear Anthony E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and will follow-up with our valet service.

Best Regard,
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 15 March 2013

What I noticed the most was how small the room was. It was clean though. Didn't like the artwork much. The elevators were nice, but the lobby wasn't very nice. The food at the breakfast restaurant was not very good, wish I had skipped that meal. Pool was closed our first night of two. Disappointing.
The hotel connects to the Circle Center Mall through walkways. It was nice, not having to go outside to go shopping. Overall, don't know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jennifer P,

Thank you taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. Our apologies for the unscheduled closing of the pool. We hope that you would come back and stay with us again.

Atlanta
Reviewed 15 March 2013

They have it all figured out. Bathroom is just right. Beds comfortable. Plugins everywhere. This place is always top notch. Location right downtown, with everything you need. Front desk is very helpful and always nice! Some of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in.

Dear Redleader4,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms and that our staff was able to provide you with exceptional service. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

US
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Nice place overall:

On the plus side:
Reception was very prompt and professional. Conceirge and ready to help always there and friendly. I asked for a slightly late check out and was denied, except that I called later and was allowed.

Bathroom was exceptional..,not big but everything worked well and nice toileteries.. room was very nice too. I got a super view of the nearby state house. But, the room just accross from the elevators where I was, were terrible for noise from the elevators. I should have moved but....

lobby is kind of open and has a bit of a cold vibe...but certainly nice enough

also, housekeeping will knock at 830 and try to come it...a bit early for me!

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms ending in xx20. Ask for a view if possible tho Great, best organic plain y...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear jidoo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again.

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2013

love the hotel being so close to downtown. our room was clean and comfortable and the bed i so wanted to take it home.
the sad part was the fee they try to charge for internet usage. even the fast food and cheap motels offer this free. but no they want to charge you for it. a big negative in my view. also someone thought it would e great to have a dog that barked all night. it echoed through the halls. but somehow no staff from the hotel noticed. as clearly they have a no pet policy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Charles W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear the you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms, and we appreciate your feedback. I hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Danville, Indiana
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wonderful hotel. Clean friendly staff. Wifi could use a post. Great location, within walking distance of everything. Great value for a suite on the top floor. We look forward to staying again soon. The subway in the lobby had a strong smell and not many access doors open after hours.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jake L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and our prime location in the center of downtown Indianapolis. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.