“Great Staff”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for a short conference. I had a problem with the temperature and had to call twice to have it corrected. Each time I was treated with prompt, efficient and friendly service. I was called by the front desk each time to ensure my issue had been resolved. Now of course one would rather not have the issue in the first place but the response certainly made the difference. My room was nicely renovated albeit small. Perfect for my purpose. Great location near shopping and great restaurants. EVERY. SINGLE. STAFF MEMBER. was wonderful and helpful. If ever in Indy again, I would definitely want to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very nice modern hotel, with friendly staff, located in the center of town. It has a 20 story atrium lobby with great views overlooking the city. We walked through connecting bridges to eat at Granite City, Champs, Colts Grill, Weber Grill Grill, Panera, and P F Changs. The hotel was hosting a conference and the facilities were great.

Room Tip: We got in late and had to settle for a room with 2 double beds instead of the king size which we res...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear johnwalshlfd,
Thanks for your recent 5 Star review. It sounds as though you enjoyed our great hotel and the fact we are located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were attending a funeral in Indianapolis and chose this hotel through Priceline, which we had used many times before. The hotel was nice but the room seemed kind of small. Parking was an additional $22 which was a surprise. Why not include this in the room fee? Hotel restaurants seemed a bit pricier than what we had experienced before. Overall everything seemed pretty clean except the hot tub that had bits of icky stuff floating all through it.

Room Tip: All in all it was ok but there are many other "4-star" hotels to choose from in the same a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights in November. All in all, it's a very nice hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous. The bed was comfortable, the room was spotless, and the furnishings were up to date and very pleasant. The wifi even worked well. The hotel's location is also good---right in the middle of downtown, with lots of restaurants nearby.

My only complaint is that the room seemed kind of stuffy, no matter how much I ran the ventilation systems. This is probably a symptom the hotel being so modern, i.e., well-insulated. It was also a little bit noisier than I prefer; sound sometimes bounced around the atrium a bit, which most of the rooms are around.

But overall I thought it was a really nice hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at the Hyatt Regency, in Indianapolis, Indiana, for one night on our way to Chicago.

We were impressed at how lovely the hotel was. It has very clean lines. The bed was wonderful the linens were wonderful also.

This hotel has location, location, location!
We met two people who worked at the front desk. Both were so nice and so welcoming.

We would give it an A on cleanliness. On the top of the hotel is a restaurant that had great drinks and appetizers. The restaurant revolves so you can see the entire city.

We would definitely stay here again.

The only negative that I found was Wi-Fi was extra.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sue C,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the great location in downtown Indianapolis!
Please come stay again soon- we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This Hyatt is in the center of everything. We went for Peyton's return to Indy. The 14th floor room was perfect. The hotel is connected to the shopping mall, the convention center, and you can even walk inside to Lucas for the game. We walked to all the downtown restraunts and came back to the hotel bar for the remainder of the evening. College football on all screens and the three bartenders head up by Courtney were the best we experienced on the whole weekend visit. The hotel staff, at every service, we perfect. From the front desk to the guys parking your car were professional.

Room Tip: This is a busy hotel and a desireable location, book early.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks B B for the fantastic 5 Star review! I am happy to hear you had a great stay and I will be sure to share with the staff your nice comments. Please come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was there for a three-day conference at the Indianapolis Convention Center. The hotel staff members went out of their way to greet guests, indicate available parking spots in the garage, page elevators, and inquire about how things were going. At check-in I discovered a problem with my room's toilet, and two members of the Engineering staff were there within 5 minutes to fix the issue. They also discovered and fixed a burned out light bulb that I hadn't even noticed.
The walkways to everything in downtown Indianapolis are fantastic. The weather was rainy and cold, and it didn't bother me a bit. I walked everywhere indoors via the walkways. Because most of my meals were part of the conference, I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant. I did notice that the lobby had both a Subway and a pizza pickup location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sunshinier,
Thanks for taking the time to write a great review! I will share your nice comments with our engineering department. It sounds as though you took advantage of our great location and enjoyed your trip to Indianapolis.
Come visit us again soon!