“Beautiful hotel in a great location”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. The ballroom is nice. The rooms have been fully updated since I was last here two years ago. I appreciate the glass shower and iphone charger/player. The room was small but the space was maximized. I loved the pillows on the bed. I normally hate hotel pillows. I might even order one! Plus, location is prime. It is in the middle of downtown right by the stadium and circle center.

• Stayed: November 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thanks Lochall for your kind review! I am glad you enjoyed all the amenities our guest rooms have to offer as well as our location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my first stay at this Hyatt in Indianapolis. Apparently there was a "Pink" concert going on at the same time as well as other conventions and the hotel was sold out. Used the valet parking - was happy with their service. Upon checking in, the staff seemed confused and it took three of them to check in a diamond Hyatt member. I'm no snob and don't flaunt my diamond status but I had just been driving for hours in lots of construction and weather and a smooth check-in would have been nice. The desk personnel seemed robotic. I had used the online check-in service so really, it should have been smoother. The lobby was cold and uninviting. There were couches and places to relax but still it just wasn't comfortable and we preferred to hang out in the room. On the other hand, our room was really nice and clean. The location of our room on the club lounge floor was even better - we were right next door from the club lounge and right across from the elevators...pretty awesome setup!! We really enjoyed the lounge. The ladies who were manning the lounge were friendly and helpful. Good food too!! I enjoyed having the convenience of the mall attached to the hotel...just a small walk and you are there but it's a little confusing and not marked well. There are lots of shops and restaurants nearby and only just a short walk from outside. Try out the restaurant in the hotel - it was awesome and the wait staff was really really good!!! Impressed!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 1820 on the lounge floor. It's right next to the club lounge and right across from...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank apratt0905
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this hotel. I was very impressed with how much it has to offer.
The van arrived on time despite the weather. The rain was coming down that night.
The check in was very quick. It was a little loud in the lobby which was a concern because I need my rest.
When I got to my room to my surprise I could hear and noise.
The room was nice and clean. Comfortable beds.
There is a Starbucks, subway and a pnc bank in the hotel.
There is a skywalk that leads to this 4 story mall.
It was a Friday and it was so crowded especially at the food court.

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Tayshan1,
Thanks for the great review. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and all the amenities we offer.
Please come stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Really clean! Wonderful location. Quiet. Very well decorated and comfortable. Loved having a refrigerator and it being connected to the mall! The parking was a little pricey but it is downtown so that was expected. Did not like they charged for Internet! :-(

Room Tip: Ask for a capitol view room. Gorgeous! They charge for Internet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amy G,
Thanks for your recent 5 Star review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Just as you mentioned parking is priced according to our location, it is the same with internet. Most comparable hotels in our area charge for internet access. We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for a short conference. I had a problem with the temperature and had to call twice to have it corrected. Each time I was treated with prompt, efficient and friendly service. I was called by the front desk each time to ensure my issue had been resolved. Now of course one would rather not have the issue in the first place but the response certainly made the difference. My room was nicely renovated albeit small. Perfect for my purpose. Great location near shopping and great restaurants. EVERY. SINGLE. STAFF MEMBER. was wonderful and helpful. If ever in Indy again, I would definitely want to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very nice modern hotel, with friendly staff, located in the center of town. It has a 20 story atrium lobby with great views overlooking the city. We walked through connecting bridges to eat at Granite City, Champs, Colts Grill, Weber Grill Grill, Panera, and P F Changs. The hotel was hosting a conference and the facilities were great.

Room Tip: We got in late and had to settle for a room with 2 double beds instead of the king size which we res...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear johnwalshlfd,
Thanks for your recent 5 Star review. It sounds as though you enjoyed our great hotel and the fact we are located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were attending a funeral in Indianapolis and chose this hotel through Priceline, which we had used many times before. The hotel was nice but the room seemed kind of small. Parking was an additional $22 which was a surprise. Why not include this in the room fee? Hotel restaurants seemed a bit pricier than what we had experienced before. Overall everything seemed pretty clean except the hot tub that had bits of icky stuff floating all through it.

Room Tip: All in all it was ok but there are many other "4-star" hotels to choose from in the same a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business