“NYE escape”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed New Year's Eve and had a great time. Employees were very polite. The room was great. The beds were very comfy, as were the pillows. The shower was awesome. My one issue was that the bathroom did not have a vent. Other than that, everything was great!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Booked and stayed for a downtown wedding--- so a brief visit, but a bummer! Being on the 7th floor, we expected to use an elevator. Well, once things got crowded we had to walk 7 flights down, or miss the wedding. Consistent 10-20 minute elevator waits----which was not easy standing/waiting for my elderly cane using mother in law. When discussing with the manager, she said we should just call and they would take us down the service elevator---who knew!
Of the 3 showers taken, all were cold. Again, she said we should've given her a call.
The hotel was busy with weddings, conferences, and a colts game, but I assumed this is what they do. Thankfully we weren't in a super hurry to leave as getting one's car from valet could've been an hour wait---near colt game time. The manager comped us our $30 valet bill, but that was hard pressed, after all she said "they are a big and busy hotel." I guess now I know.

1  Thank Treelover63
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Treelover63,
Thank you for your recent feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me your concerns. Certainly during busy times there can be a wait for elevators and I’m happy to hear you discussed it with a manager. If we had know there was an issue with your water heater we most definitely would have resolved the issue for you by either moving you to a different room or having someone from our engineering staff fix the problem. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is beautiful! The staff was very friendly and helpful even keeping our luggage behind the counter while we enjoyed the Colts game that started before check in. There are several restaurants and the connecting tunnels lead to the stadium, the mall, and lots of other great sights without being exposed to the elements. The decor was very upscale, but the price wasn't. We will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor for a beautiful view of the city!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SarahBNiles,
Thank you for your 5 Star Review! I am happy to hear you had a great stay and were able to take advantage of our prime location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Overall, we love the Hyatt in downtown Indy. I chose the hotel based on prior stays. The location is fantastic. It is easy to walk to and close to all the restaurants that we planned to visit , as well as it is close to shopping. The room was quiet and clean...with one exception. I guess that I have watched too many episodes of Hotel Impossible. I used a black light to inspect the bathroom upon arrival. Everything was spotless with exception of the wall that surrounded the commode. It needs to be scrubbed and disinfected about 3 feet up from the floor. I would suggest that Housekeeping use a black light to inspect rooms on a regular basis. Otherwise, the bed was comfortable and remainder of the room was clean. The elevators....another story. The first morning, one of the four elevators worked. We waited forever to get an elevator. We could not take the stairs up or down ten stories because we had an infant in a stroller. Once the elevators were repaired, the wait was still incredible. Waiting for 30-45 minutes for an elevator was the norm. Service in the lounges (main lobby and Eagle's Nest) was slow. In the lobby area on Friday night, I had to go to the bar, after sitting for fifteen minutes, to ask if we could get service at the tables just outside of the perimeter of the bar area (I had a grandchild with me). There were four others sitting in the same area and only two at the bar. The bartender walked behind the bar and looked at us several times. On Saturday night, I noticed that the table where we sat on Friday night still had not been cleaned off. In the Eagle's Nest, he comment of the host to two separate groups, as we stepped into the waiting area was, "We're full." There was one waitress taking orders in the lounge area. He could have given her a hand! The reason I am writing this review is that the person at the main desk, at checkout, gave me a card and encouraged me to do so after I told her about two issues. I am not sure that we will return to the Hyatt in Indy. I have been a guest at the Hyatt during busier times... conferences...and have never experienced these unfortunate conditions.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Lobby recently updated and located in the 16 story atrium. Lots of decorative (cold) stone. Lobby is very cold in winter. No fireplaces added during update. Waterfall wall in lobby is relaxing but not close enough to furniture to really enjoy. New furniture too large, very uncomfortable. Furniture that was not updated is old, worn out and dirty. One set of escalators is out of order most of the time. Handy walkways connect to Convention
Center and Circle Centre Mall. Suggest Marriott only one block away. Also has connecting walkways.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank firephotog

Dear firephotog,
Thank you for your recent review. You will be happy to know we just recently got new furniture for our lobby area and I’m sorry you just missed it! I apologize is one of the escalators was out during your stay, but please know that it is a rarity for escalators to be out in the building and the management from the office tower always works hard to get it back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had two rooms (me, hubby, teenage daughter and her friend), stayed for 3 nights, and loved it. Everything was within walking distance - Circle Centre Mall, Bucca de Beppo, Colts Grille, and Harry & Izzy's are all within a block....as are many bar/dining options. Scotty's Brewhouse was about 2 1/2 blocks. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our rooms were well appointed with quality linens and furnishings. Everything was incredibly clean.

We had fun shopping at Keystone at the Crossing -- about 20-25 min drive north. Great mall with restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: We stayed on 18 th floor. Elevator service was great.

Dear Bev1616,
Thanks for your recent review. I am so glad to hear you had a great stay. I will most definitely give your feedback to the staff for a job well done. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The staff cleaning the room always seemed to forget to leave something: the right number of towels, soap, extra toilet paper, tissues, etc. That would require a call to get the needed items, which always arrived soon, but still, this should have been taken care of without making the call. Otherwise all was okay. This was my first visit to Indianapolis and was very surprised at the number of panhandlers in the area. Be aware of that.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends