“Everything was perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Hyatt Regency. We arrived around noon this past Sunday and were given a room right away. We only encountered the one employee at check-in but she was very personable and made sure to explain everything to us.

The room itself was very nice and the bed was super comfortable. There was some kind of musical organ conference in town, but it didn't affect our stay. In fact, we swam on both Sunday and Monday in their pool and were the only ones in there.

When/if I come back to Indie, I would definitely stay here again. I feel like we got our money's worth.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear ccoll83,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your time with us. Please come visit us again. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Keith Spinden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a Hyatt Platinum member, I have had great service thus far staying at various Hyatt locations. We came here for a wedding, and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel itself is located on one side of an office building, with a central atrium open and some stores (including a Starbucks) on the ground floor. The lobby is nice, but the rest of the hotel is dated.

The rooms (we had a 2 Queen, and a King room) were clean, but not what I had expected for a Regency. Peeling paint, and not the most updated.

The pool was also dated (metal container in the ground). Fine for limited use, but felt a little uneasy using it looking so old. This also goes for the hot tub as well. Again, because I expected more from a Regency.

The location is great, within walking distance of restaurants, etc.

Overall, I'm not sure if I would stay there on my own (we were asked to stay there as part of the wedding, and I had a discount). I stayed at the Embassy Suites a few years ago, and if the prices were comparable, I'd probably stay at the Embassy Suites over this Hyatt given the fact that you have a living area and sleeping area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alwaysbetraveling
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located at a perfect spot in Indy; right next to Circle Centre Mall and close to tons of good restaurants. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. I appreciated their list of complimentary items they would give you if you forgot your own (for me it was a corkscrew and toothbrush). They also have a list if things you can borrow for your stay such as robes and a lighted makeup mirror. We stayed on the 19th floor and had a beautiful view. The Unfortunate thing Was The Fire alarm Went off at 2.37 a.m. Management was good at handling the malfunction the next morning and compensated us for the stay. I would say despite the alarm, it was a nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lets_travel_add77
Estero, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Our visit to the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis was beyond expectations from beginning to end. The valets were friendly and helpful. Our room with a view of the capital was spectacular. Kudos and our thanks to MAUD, she was wonderful! We have come to expect the best from Hyatt and we weren't disappointed once again. The location was great, walkable to historic downtown sites. This will be our hotel of choice when we visit Indianapolis again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peggy8842
Dear Peggy8842,
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad to hear you had a great stay and will be sure to share your words with Maud. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staying at this hotel for a conference, the hotel did well to cater to the conference attendees--there were no major issues that the attendees encountered while at the event. As an event venue, I'd say this hotel is very good.

But, as just a hotel, it's rather average. There's nothing special about it. The rooms are clean; the Internet works; the location in the downtown area is very central; and there are a number of dining options at the hotel complex and in the surrounding area.

The staff at the hotel were less than helpful in a few scenarios--generally around check-out. My keys stopped working to get me into my room and despite a few visits to the front desk to get new keys, I ended up having to get help from the cleaning staff to open my door.

Secondly, there was a scenario where cleaning came into a room of a conference attendee and apparently did the "check out cleaning." When the attendee came back to his room to actually check-out, he found his suitcase missing. Despite raising the issue with the front desk multiple times, he was unable to get anyone to help him find his suitcase and he ended up leaving the hotel without it. A call with the cleaning/maintenance supervisor a day later resulted in him paying to have the hotel ship it back to him. Less than ideal, but the cleaning staff was unable to find it while he was physically at the hotel.

So, if you need somewhere to stay, it's an average and clean hotel. Just don't expect a 5 star experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Evanston, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were here to visit with family. The facility and the staff did a great job at making us feel welcome and comfortable. Honorable mentions go to Shay, Teyon, Adam amongst others.

The bar is a great place to relax, watch sports on TV and have a drink.

Our room service experience exceeded our expectations.

Another great Hyatt Regency performance!

Room Tip: We had a corner room for a slight upgrade cost. It was spacious, but a little dark because of where...