“Great Stay!”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #20 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a perfect stay at the Hyatt! We couldn't have asked for an easier check-in/check-out, friendlier staff or nicer room! Everything was updated and very clean. This hotel is within walking distance to so many restaurants and attractions making it easy to get around Indy. The pool was nice, just a bit small, workout facility was excellent. Parking was a little pricey at $24 a night, but the garage felt safe and was convenient. Highly recommended for any trip to Indy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Viastalu,

I appreciate the 5 Star review on your recent stay with us. I am glad your check-in/check-out ran smoothly, and that you enjoyed the friendly staff! It’s so nice to hear you took advantage of our workout facility and pool; it’s important to StayFit at Hyatt! Please come back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for the DCI Finals (Go BLOO!). I rarely stay at a Hyatt so really had no expectations other than reviews from here. We were able to check in online, so I took advantage of that and hoped it would work! This hotel is part of a large office building also, so you may not notice it is the Hyatt right away. Just keep your eyes peeled. We valet parked for $34/day. I think you can self park for about $10 less. The valets were very helpful and nice. We would give them a great rating! We entered thru the valet area and there are kiosks for self check in. I scanned the confirmation email I received from checking in online and was given a receipt and card keys. Extremely easy and we were on our way! We stayed in room 1135. This was a corner room with no outside windows. We were fine with that because we were rarely in our room. All the rooms are odd shaped, but we had enough room and even requested a roll away bed for our son and still had plenty of room. The bathroom was a very nice size. One thing I did find odd is there was no garbage can in the bathroom. That was very inconvenient. Shower was large and had great water pressure. Wifi is free or you can upgrade for $5. We were fine with the free wifi. After our first night we went out for a while and came back to our room being open. My heart about stopped since there was no housekeeping in sight. There was a maintenance worker in the room leaving us a note. Seems our bathroom sink was loose. We hadn't noticed it but the housekeeper did. He explained that they couldn't fix it because the caulk would have to dry and needed to have the room empty for the job. The hotel was booked. They gave us a free amenity card as an apology. He was very nice and apologized for startling us. Here is my one recommendation for the Hyatt: Please have maintenance put a sign out or something on the door alerting that there is a worker inside. It would just be peace of mind! Every single worker at the hotel was very nice and helpful. I have never been a rewards member with them, but signed up this weekend and plan on being back to the chain! I was so disappointed rooms were booked for the next time we were to be in town.
Thank you so much Hyatt for a great stay!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear cdmas93,

Thank you for the very informative review!!! We appreciate all of the kind words you had to say about the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our online check-in and kiosks. Thank you for the recommendation for our maintenance team; it will be very helpful moving forward. I am thrilled with your decision on becoming a Hyatt Gold Passport Member! Keep checking back online to see if any rooms have become available for your next visit. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hyatt Regency in downtown Indianapolis is at a great location...within walking distance to many of the downtown activities, with no shortage of things to do and places to eat! While my stay here was very good overall, the location definitely is a positive in the hotel's favor!

The Hyatt is part of a larger office complex, so there is a LOT of pedestrian traffic in the downstairs "lobby" area (don't think of a traditional lobby...this is much more like the lower level of an office or retail complex!). The first three floors are retail and meeting room space, with the rooms starting on the sixth floor.

Overall, the rooms were very comfortable, very well-updated, and well-appointed for business travelling needs. My room itself was very oddly laid out, but that was mainly because I was at one of the "corners" of the triangularly shaped hotel. The bed was comfortable, with enough pillows of different firmness to allow for two good nights of sleep. The staff across the board was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was in Indianapolis for a 3-day conference in August. We were housed in the hotel for not only accomodations, but for the conference as well. The facilities are wonderful. We were fed 5 meals; breakfat and lunch, and all were good. The rooms were very nice. The only downside was that my room turned out to be a corner room, with no window to the outside, which made it quite dark. Make sure that you ask for a room with a view!

Room Tip: Make sure that you ask for a room with an outside view. Corner rooms do not have outside views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear joebaseball71359,

We appreciate the 5 Star review! I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and the meals provided. We hope to see you again at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis for your next conference!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently my daughter and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Indianapolis. She was there for a seminar, I came for R&R. Parking is very confusing but they did validate, I am sure it was because of my daughter's event. The rooms are so SMALL, and they do not use fitted sheets. Even the Wyndham group uses fitted sheets. No maid service for 2 days, I did catch housekeeping in the hall and changed out the towels. The desk personnel was pleasant and helpful and location is prime. Lots of restaurants and activities to do. If I would pick a hotel in Indy it would not be the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Facing north, you get a view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel and staff were very accommodating. Room was roomy and comfortable overlooking State Capitol. Across the street from the convention center. Well within walking distance of many attractions. Many things for my wife and son to visit while I attended convention.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014. Hotel is easy to find and is in a great part of downtown with tons of restaurants, shopping, the convention center, and Lucas Oil Stadium within a very easy walk. Indianapolis has a lovely downtown and the Hyatt is in a great location to enjoy it all. We were traveling with 3 couples. Two couples arrived together well before check in. The front desk staff was very nice and made sure we got three rooms together on the same floor and allowed us to check into one room right away and called us when the other rooms were ready. The offered to keep our bags until the second room was ready but we opted to just put everything in the 1 room that was ready and sort it out later. Everything about the hotel was very clean and the lobby area is really beautiful. The room was smallish but had a very large nice bathroom with a huge shower. The bathroom had great ventilation and didn't steam up the way most hotel bathrooms do. They also had motion sensor night lights beside the bed which was nice. Also the bed was very comfortable. Since this is a higher end hotel, you'll have help unloading your car and taking your bags to/from your room. The gentlemen who assisted us were very nice. I believe the hotel was sold out the weekend we were there but the front desk was well staffed and I never saw a line. There were at times long lines and long waits for the elevators. But I suppose that's to be expected when people are coming and going at once for a large event. The only thing I didn't like was the parking. The parking garage below the hotel is small and was full when we arrived. After unloading, we parked 1 block over and took the skywalk back to the hotel. Our friends who arrived later had to park farther away as that garage also had filled. This wasn't a big deal when we arrived, but when we checked out it was kind of a pain. There were lots of people checking out at the same time and the loading/unloading area was full so we had to wait a while. If we had been parked in the hotel garage, we could have just carried our bags to the car and been on our way. Even with the parking inconvenience, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you don't care about the view, try to get a room on a lower floor so you can walk down the st...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CincyChicka,

Thank you for the 5 Stars! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful and informational review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our accommodating staff. The front desk works hard to ensure a smooth check-in for all of our guests. We look forward to your next visit.