“Nice place and great location”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
NJ
“Nice place and great location”
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt from October 26th until the 29th. It was a brief ride from the airport to the hotel. The Taxi fare was about $30 and the ride was 15-20 mins. Check-in was a breeze, and I was off to my room.
The room was nice, and would accommodate two easily. I traveled solo on this trip, so I had more then enough room. I don't find any need to go overboard on the description of the room, as it was very typical.
I was looking forward to going out to dinner, since I have heard great things about all of the restaurants. Unfortunately I woke up Tuesday Am with a cold. Rather than try out some of the restaurants, I stayed in and ordered room service. The room service was prompt and delivery good quality food. The breakfast at the hotel was good. I was up early, due seminar times, and this restaurant worked out perfect for me (they open at 6am).
Their location to the Convention Center was my reason for staying here. You can either walk across the street or through the Skywalk. I choose the Skywalk, since it was raining and I was sick.
All in all this was a nice place, and if I was to return to Indianapolis, this is where I would stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2009

This very sleek and modern hotel was perfect for us in Indianapolis. It is situated right in the center of things...offers good service...great meeting space. The staff was friendly and went out of their way each and every time. Maybe another restaurant could be added, but the area surrounding has tons of close options. Parking is a pain...the lot is a confusing mess, so if you can, valet!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Sunnyside, Wash.
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We stayed two nights at this hotel. Its location is close to Lucas Oil Stadium and it has a nice atrium in the hotel lobby. But the room was really small. We asked for two queen-sized beds but they only had two full-sized beds. An office chair was dangerous. Two of us almost fell over backwards. The bathroom was huge, almost a 1/3 the size of the room, with a walk-in shower. But water from the shower went out into the bathroom making the entire bathroom a skating rink. There is a charge for everything. $3 for a bottle of water; 99 cents for local calls; no newspaper in the morning; no free internet or breakfast; $5.95 for 15 minutes on the internet and that didn't even work. I had to fight to get a credit. The hotel said the computers were handled by another company. With my problems on the internet, they said they would waive my telephone charges at check-out, but it still appeared on my credit card. Even with the close proximity, we would have stayed elsewhere. If I had a choice, I would have stayed at the Embassy Suites across the street. We stayed there the third night. Embassy Suites provided two rooms in a suite; free newspaper; free breakfast; free Happy Hour in the evening; and were not as snobby as the Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robbie69
Springfield, VA
Reviewed 18 September 2009

The Hyatt Regency Indianapolis is a nice hotel with a great location. The rooms were okay, a little run down and not immaculate. There were a lot of hidden fees. I had a "Business Plan" but I wasn't clear about what I would be charged for. My room was not cleaned one day. The restaurant where the breakfast was served was top notch. The food was fresh and delicious and the staff went out of their way to help. I would not go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. I think the Hilton chain does a much better job overall.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank VAJill
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Stayed one night and had a very favorable impression overall.

Rooms were clean and furniture/fixtures in good repair. Had a standard king room and it was larger than I would have expected for a downtown property.

The open atrium concept can allow a fair bit of noise to seep into the room at some Hyatt's. This property, however, was very quiet -- not a sound from adjoining rooms and the windows provided excellent soundproofing from downtown noises.

Hotel is connected to a sizeable skywalk system that connects to the downtown mall (which, unlike many downtown malls, is quite vibrant), the convention center, other hotels, restaurants, etc. One block from the capitol building. Excellent location with plenty of dining options within 1 - 2 blocks.

Breakfast/lunch restaurant provided good quality food (with the typical hotel markup).

Very nice exercise facility (including chilled towels), cardio equipment comes with headphones for use with the personal TVs on each piece of equipment, small pool.

My rate included valet parking (which allows in/out privileges), but normally will set you back $28/day. There is self parking for $20 (but no in/out).

Would return here in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Iflyyx
Montreal
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a nearby event but I found the value very bad. The rooms were small-ish and we were afraid to touch things in fear we'd be charged for their use. It cost something like 90 cents even to make a local call. If you like fancy places with nice views of the state building and not much else, this place should be okay. I probably won't be going to Indianapolis again anytime soon, but if I ever do I'd definitely take my chances with a cheaper place.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank rk200933
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This highrise hotel is located in downtown Indianapolis. This location is 15 minute walk from most of the downtown attractions (Lucas Oil Stadium, baseball stadium, canal district, and the central circle). It is a $40 cab ride from the airport. The rooms were clean and nice. The bed was comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't speak to the hotel food experience. The hotel is also connected into a series of covered walkways linking to parking, other hotels, downtown mall. It has a larger sized spa, but the pool is barely big enough to swim laps.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business