“Great location, average stay...cant believe this is a Hyatt property”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
New Jersey
“Great location, average stay...cant believe this is a Hyatt property”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Location is in the center of downtown. Shops, Bars and Restaurants are just outside. Rooms are average, not like any other hyatt I've encountered. Bathrooms need renovation. Staff are not very helpful...we were looking for a spa and they had no suggestions. We asked for directions, we were given wrong directions. ALso I put the do not disturb sign up and a man just walked in my room when I was getting out of the shower. Valet staff are nice. Should be a holiday inn.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tinamagill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 February 2011

COLD UNINVITING ATMOSPHERE. Not all about customer service like most hotels.

Bad news first. I stayed in one of the Capitol View rooms. The room was on the corner of the hotel, and was not too spacious. The coffee did not taste to good, and I had to go all the way down to One South to get some cream or milk for my coffee. My grandmother and I decided to just get starbucks in the hotel. Then our toilet broke, and the handle would not flush the toilet. We had to take the lid off and lift the chain until it was fixed the next day as we requested.

There was another important aspect of this hotel. I do not get to stay in hotels very often, so I come to a hotel to enjoy the atmosphere of a hotel. The Hyatt seems like an apartment building. It is just so big and half of the building is an office building. The atmosphere is one of an office building. It is hard to describe, but it just seemed so cold in the Hyatt and the customer service seemed pretty unwilling to say anything to you such as Good Morning or something like that unless you talked to them first.

Now I am going to start on the elevators. I come from Evansville, small city. I do not get the opportunity to ride such fast and nice elevators very often. These are the nicest elevators in any of the hotels I have been inside of in Indy. There is a 20-story atrium and the elevators look down on them. They are fast and the view they provide is absolutely amazing! (Glass elevators)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank blakestravel
HyattIndy, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Hello blakestravel!

Thank you so much for your review about our property. We are happy you enjoyed our elevators during your stay! They are one of a kind in Indianapolis.

We were concerned to hear about your room condition and the atmosphere of the hotel. This is not the expectation our guests have when staying at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. We pride ourselves on giving our guests the best experience possible. Thank you for bringing the facets of your stay to our attention, so that we can work to make the corrections and prevent similar situations in the future. I personally would like to contact you to address the issues of your stay. Would you please contact us at qualityindri@hyatt.com to go over the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you again for your time and comments!

Thank you!

Indiana
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Had a nice experince here. Not to much to say just another Hyatt Regency. Super nice fitness center.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
HyattIndy, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Hello AWilson500!

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I’m happy to hear that you had a nice experience and enjoyed our fitness center. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Thank you again for your time and comments!

Reviewed 6 February 2011

check inn fast,,1st. night not bad, next morning going to the bathroom the shower dairy, to toilet not working well, 2nd. night well people running outside room, shouting I need to call front desk 3 times it took one hour to fix the outside problems, The morning restaurant, and valet parking very good,
A the end I asked for my bill and they didn't apply my payment made through hotel.com I need to show them a copy of my printed reservation.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AlbertoRivera
Hello AlbertoRivera,

We were concerned to hear about your stay and realize that this is not the expectation our guests have when staying at Hyatt. We pride ourselves on giving our guests the best experience. Thank you for bringing the facets of your stay to our attention so that we can work to make the corrections to prevent similar situations in the future. I personally would like to contact you to address the issues of your stay. Would you please contact us at qualityindri@hyatt.com to go over the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you again for your time and comments!

Reviewed 6 February 2011

I've stayed at this Hyatt many times over the years. Very pretty and elegant. About as good a workout room as you get in a hotel. Nice, clean rooms. Very close and indoor walk to the mall. Good bar.

• Stayed February 2011
Rensselaer IN
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Well my gal booked this place as a pre v-day getaway for just us to be alone. Upon arrival everything seemed great. The valet was very nice but when we got up to the room it became a different story real quick. The room was filthy, The bed looked like it was layed in, the floors were dirty and the bathroom was still dirty from the previous guest. The ottoman had a huge stain on it that was just vile. So we went down and asked for a new room. We looked at 2 other rooms which included the best room they had to offer and all the same filth everytime. In there top room there was still blue painters tape left on the walls where they stopped painting. Come on really. Now I understand its a 4 star hotel but its not a one star. So we asked for our money back., The front desk was very understanding and courteous. We ended up staying at the Omni hotel that night and were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jgflys
Hello jgflys,

I am sorry to hear of the recent experience you had at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. Could you please message me the details of your reservation? I would be happy to further look into these issues. I can be reached at qualityindri@hyatt.com. We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you again for your time and comments!

ohio
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I have stayed at this Hyatt in years past. We travel to Indy frequently for cheer competitions. We stayed at another hotel, and bad weather came in so we needed to stay another night. I went to the Hyatt and they were accommodating to get me in a room for the best possible price. We were with some of my daughter's friends and asked for the same floor, I was disappointed that we didn't get the same floor or an explanation as to why we didn't get the same floor. The room was dusty, but otherwise clean. I mentioned it at checkout and the gentleman at the desk offered me Starbucks for the inconvenience, which I appreciated. Because of the layout of the hotel, it can be noisy and the elevators can take awhile if there is an event with a lot of kids, like the cheer competition.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family