“Top Notch Service_Arrival to Departure”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Top Notch Service_Arrival to Departure”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I frequently travel to Indianapolis and look forward to staying at this hotel conveniently located near 70 and 465. My experience starts and ends with Hotel Ambassador Henry's great smile and wonderful attitude. He will go out of his way to ensure that everything is perfect. The front desk employees are equally genuine and welcoming and I have never had an issue with my reservations or room selection.

All of my experience has been on the concierge's level. It is always quiet and very conducive to a great night's rest.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Ft. Wayne, IN
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just got home from a Sign Language Interpreter conference this last weekend, lots of Deaf and Hearing people at the hotel, and Henry, one of the bellboys, went above and beyond what he had to do to make these people feel welcome, he learned some sign language, and was just a great asset all weekend with our conference. We need more people like Henry to get out of their comfort zone, and make people that need a little more attention feel great, he did that, thanks!!

Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here for a 2.5 day conference. I was able to check-in early; however, I did not like that the room had a sliding door to the side parking lot. I returned to the front desk and Tony was able to place me on the conceriege level. The room was nicely appointed and clean. I cannot say enough wonderful words in regards to all of the staff. Each time I needed directions, I was walked to the location. They were always smiling, greeting guests and quite friendly. After check-out, with luggage still in-hand, I wanted to have lunch. Henry was quick to take my luggage while I ate. The buffets provided for the conference, breakfast in the conceriege room and restaurant food were all excellent.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I was not happy with my room. It had a Murphy bed! I have never been in a hotel with one let alone spending the amt of money for the room. Also, the bed was not fixed when I returned to my room in the evening. I had to call the desk. The fridge was huge, but there was no microwave. I had to take my leftovers to the restaurant to be nuked. Seems a smaller fridge and a mic. would have been better. The toilet ran all night every 3 min. for about 10 sec. The person came the next day but couldn't find anything wrong. It did the same thing the next morning. I was offered no compensation at all. Breakfast was also not good. What I ordered wasn't what I got. I was told the chef was new. (excuses?). The host/desk at least picked up the tab on that. I appreciated that.

Huntington
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Always a pleasant time at this well-run hotel. Front desk and guest services are staffed with great people. Beautiful renovations. Loved the concierge level room and amenities. Henry took good care of us at the trade show.

Room Tip: Concierge level is fantastic.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for your comments. I will be sure and share them with our staff. Hope to see you again. Judy Blattert VP of Sales & Marketing
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The Marriott East has upgraded the common areas and lobby since last I visited. Large screen TV's are loacted above the lobby bar with plenty of casual seating options for colleagues, family or friends. I would be remiss if I did not mention Henry Robinson the hotels guest ambassador. He is a genuienly friendly fellow. Quick with directions and advice on the area. He possesses a very warm smile and great personality. No question he made our stay more pleasant.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My boss and I were there for a convention and Henry made sure we had everything we needed in every aspect of our trip. From the moment I arrived he ran out to the parking lot to help me with my luggage, and at the end of the show he loaded up our booth belongings and brought them out to our car. He even tried to warm us up with hugs when it got cold in the convention hall!! Henry is a GREAT worker!!

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the comments!! Henry pays close attention to Trip Advisor and he was very happy to see your response. Hope to see you again. Judy Blattert VP of Sales & Marketing