“Amazing!”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Indianapolis Marriott East is truly an excellent hotel! I was there off an on for 9 months and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Indy. Excellent for Business Travel and a perfect location from several Indy Attractions makes it a hotel I will stay at if I am ever back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,835)

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last 18 months, and it just keeps getting better! The latest remodeling is in the restaurant/check-in area, and it is truly amazing! The rooms are very clean and modern, the food is great, and the staff is the friendliest you'll ever find. I highly recommended staying at this hotel.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here 3 days for a conference. This hotel is newly renovated and has a very nice ambiance in the courtyard. We were able to sit outside by the fireplace in the evening and spend time with co-workers. The staff is very friendly. Henry the bellman was very helpful he went above and beyond customer service. He was always asking if he could do anything for us. It was nice staying in the concierge level where they provided a continental breakfast, appetizers in the evening and desserts. The only thing that I didn't like was that there was no fridge in our room, other than that we had a very good stay.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I frequently travel to Indianapolis and look forward to staying at this hotel conveniently located near 70 and 465. My experience starts and ends with Hotel Ambassador Henry's great smile and wonderful attitude. He will go out of his way to ensure that everything is perfect. The front desk employees are equally genuine and welcoming and I have never had an issue with my reservations or room selection.

All of my experience has been on the concierge's level. It is always quiet and very conducive to a great night's rest.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just got home from a Sign Language Interpreter conference this last weekend, lots of Deaf and Hearing people at the hotel, and Henry, one of the bellboys, went above and beyond what he had to do to make these people feel welcome, he learned some sign language, and was just a great asset all weekend with our conference. We need more people like Henry to get out of their comfort zone, and make people that need a little more attention feel great, he did that, thanks!!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here for a 2.5 day conference. I was able to check-in early; however, I did not like that the room had a sliding door to the side parking lot. I returned to the front desk and Tony was able to place me on the conceriege level. The room was nicely appointed and clean. I cannot say enough wonderful words in regards to all of the staff. Each time I needed directions, I was walked to the location. They were always smiling, greeting guests and quite friendly. After check-out, with luggage still in-hand, I wanted to have lunch. Henry was quick to take my luggage while I ate. The buffets provided for the conference, breakfast in the conceriege room and restaurant food were all excellent.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I was not happy with my room. It had a Murphy bed! I have never been in a hotel with one let alone spending the amt of money for the room. Also, the bed was not fixed when I returned to my room in the evening. I had to call the desk. The fridge was huge, but there was no microwave. I had to take my leftovers to the restaurant to be nuked. Seems a smaller fridge and a mic. would have been better. The toilet ran all night every 3 min. for about 10 sec. The person came the next day but couldn't find anything wrong. It did the same thing the next morning. I was offered no compensation at all. Breakfast was also not good. What I ordered wasn't what I got. I was told the chef was new. (excuses?). The host/desk at least picked up the tab on that. I appreciated that.