“First time stay @ this Hotel”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was my first stay at Marriott East in Indy, Henry was a highlight of my stay. He is fantastic! On my arrival, I was the last of my party to arrive. I was standing in the lobby waiting for a friend to meet me. He asked if I was arriving or departing. When I reply just arriving, he says "welcome and if there is anything I can help you with while you are staying with us just ask and I will be happy to help. He must work around the clock because it seemed that everytime I turned around he was there asking others and myself if we needed anything. As I was leaving he thanked me for coming and said please come visit us again. Now I realize this hotel has plenty of employees but I must say Henry is the only one that stood out. He always had a smile on his face!! Many places I stay are not as pleasant as this stay was do to this man.....Henry. I can only hope he is treated well and with respect.
Renee

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Indianapolis Marriott East

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and it was a great experience. Everyone was very nice even though our large group is a little rowdy. We have been there before and we were very surprise to see all the updates. Everyone in our group was not super excited to be going back to this Hotel but we were so wrong. After our stay, we are hoping our tournament is at this Hotel next year. Staff was super friendly (thanks Henry!). There was always a "good morning, good afternoon or how are you doing" walking down the hallway. What a difference from last time. Thanks

Room Tip: They have room that have access to the courtyard, I would suggest those.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've stayed at the Marriott Indy East every week for the past 13-months. The location is very convenient to downtown (quick 10-15 minute drive or cab ride) and to locations north (10-15 minutes to Fishers). The staff is dedicated to taking care of their guests and always ensure you're happy and feeling comfortable. They also recently built a new beautiful lobby, restaurant, bar, wine room, and two-three new huge conference rooms. Whether you're traveling on business, pleasure, or looking for a spot to hold a meeting, conference, or event, the Marriott Indy East offers it all! I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Veteran's Tower rooms are newer and larger. The other tower is closer to the lobby and concierge...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Indianapolis Marriott East is truly an excellent hotel! I was there off an on for 9 months and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Indy. Excellent for Business Travel and a perfect location from several Indy Attractions makes it a hotel I will stay at if I am ever back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last 18 months, and it just keeps getting better! The latest remodeling is in the restaurant/check-in area, and it is truly amazing! The rooms are very clean and modern, the food is great, and the staff is the friendliest you'll ever find. I highly recommended staying at this hotel.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here 3 days for a conference. This hotel is newly renovated and has a very nice ambiance in the courtyard. We were able to sit outside by the fireplace in the evening and spend time with co-workers. The staff is very friendly. Henry the bellman was very helpful he went above and beyond customer service. He was always asking if he could do anything for us. It was nice staying in the concierge level where they provided a continental breakfast, appetizers in the evening and desserts. The only thing that I didn't like was that there was no fridge in our room, other than that we had a very good stay.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I frequently travel to Indianapolis and look forward to staying at this hotel conveniently located near 70 and 465. My experience starts and ends with Hotel Ambassador Henry's great smile and wonderful attitude. He will go out of his way to ensure that everything is perfect. The front desk employees are equally genuine and welcoming and I have never had an issue with my reservations or room selection.

All of my experience has been on the concierge's level. It is always quiet and very conducive to a great night's rest.