“Pleaseant surprise”

Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cumming, GA
“Pleaseant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Little nervous as I got off the interstate and pulled into the gated parking lot, but all that melted away as I entered the lobby. Beautify renovated lobby. The room was newly upadted, as well (but a bit small).

Staff is wonderful, from the front desk, to the club lounge, to the dining room. I waited too long to write my review, because I forget the names of the standouts, but the woman in the club lounge was a doll and our waiter at dinner, treated my four kids like rock stars!

Food was excellent. Hotel was very clean. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
We love it when we can still "surprise" our guests!!!! Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel and staff. We will definitely share your comments with our concierge associate...she will be pleased that she made an impact with you and your family. Hope to see you again real soon...Judy Blattert VP of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent 2 nights and loved it! Had breakfast in the restaurant which was a little pricey for the fruit cup but the breakfast sandwich was great, and the coffee was excellent. The inner courtyard was beautiful and enjoyed the whole time I was there. The rooms were very nice, the bathrooms could use some hooks. But my overall feeling about Marriott East was I would definitely go back and suggest it to visiting friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our weekend bachelorette Soirée was fantastic. From the moment I arrived the receptionist was smiling & excited about my stay. The rooms were beautiful & what really topped the cake was Mr. Henry. He started off by ensuring the room fit out needs, our host told him how she was setting up & he not only made suggestions, he helped make it happen. He made sure we had the proper plates, and linens for the event. His smile & genuine heart really made the weekend special. It wasn't just Henry, every staff member that I encounter was very pleasant. I would pass up a downtown hotel and stay here anytime!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Travelnone
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our brilliant staff!!! We are so proud when our guests notice how much our associates care about their comfort while they are staying in the hotel. Henry is definitely our brightest gem and we are inspired by him everyday. His motto is ladies and gentleman serving ladies and gentleman!!! And you are right...we have so many other associates at the hotel that care about our guests!!!! We strive for 5 indeed!!!
Hope to see you again
Judy Blattert
VP of Sales and Marketing
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a surprise bridal shower event at this hotel. Not only was the hotel clean with excellent decor, good breakfast food and a wonderful night sleep-I had the best customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. I drove past this particular hotel plenty of times and never thought it looked as good as it was inside nor expected to get five star service. For the time I stayed there-I thought I was visiting another city.....Henry was the best concierge service provider EVER. Thank you so much for making my wedding celebration beyond what I expected!!!

Room Tip: ASK FOR HENRY to show you rooms on the 5th FLOOR south side
1 Thank Jeronna M
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your response!!! Our staff was so happy when we shared your comments and especially Henry. We know they are the "BEST" but we love it when our customers notice as well. Hope to see you for your 50th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations.
Judy Blattert
VP of Sales & Marketing
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My weekend at this hotel was absolutely fabulous!!! Henry greeted my family and I when we entered the hotel and was a pleasure to work with. I came to Indianapolis for my sister's bridal shower, which was held at the Marriott, and Henry was extremely helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. There is a beautiful outdoor patio with a waterfall and fireplace. The buffet breakfast our group had the next morning was delicious. All of the staff (especially Henry) went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could possibly be. In the future when I return to Indianapolis for visits I will certainly be staying here and recommending this hotel to my family and friends who visit Indianapolis.

1 Thank Kimberly S
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We had a guy named Henry who I believe to had been the hotel ambassador he did everything he could to make our stay and my cousins surprise party a wonderful experience. He was so warm,inviting,helpful, and friendly. I would definitely love stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank Khloe C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I am a local businesswoman and frequently dine at the Skylight Bistro with family, customers, suppliers and even by myself. Henry is the most personable and welcoming Concierge I have seen in a very long time. He always remembers me and greets me as soon as I walk in the door. I observe him doing the same to all guests who enter as well. I absolutely love th renotion that have been done to the hotel. The lobby area and courtyard are the most inviting I have seen. The Skylight Bistro is open and airy and the green, living wall is phenomenal. I am proud to book rooms for my customers and suppliers as well as do all my entertaining here.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Judi E
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Our goal is to be warm and welcoming to all of our guests...and we are glad we have been able to continue doing so for our guests...We always look forward to seeing you in the hotel. Take care. Judy Blattert VP of Sales and Marketing