“Most Excellent!”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Most Excellent!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed at the Indianapolis Marriott East for 2 days over the weekend in early October and everything exceeded our expectations. The bed was one of the best hotel beds we've ever slept on. The management and staff were professional and made us feel like they really valued our patronage. Special thanks to April L and the crew. The overnight host at the front desk gave us directions to the nearest grocery store and was more than helpful. We must have received one of the best rooms in the hotel for the price-point. Very clean, quiet, and the view from the tower was nice. It was nice staying up late and watching the traffic lights through the big panoramic window. We loved the fact they had a brochure where we could purchase virtually every single item in the room, from the bed mattress all the way down to the bar soap! Would definitely stay here again if in this part of town. Free parking is always a bonus.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gregmech26
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel and staff. We are thrilled when our associates are mentioned and I will be sure and pass this information along to them. Thanks again
VP of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Haughton, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago and they were undergoing renovations. Truly the hotel looks much better, but still feels a bit cheap. Geographically it is kind of weird (don't know how else to put it). breakfast was about $8 because I was with a conference. It was pretty good, not sure what the regular price is. The pool/courtyard area is nice as well as the lobby area. Staff was very nice.
Biggest plus to this hotel-THE BEDS! These beds are sooo comfortable, I truly fell in love with the comfort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of the hall are larger than the right size. I was told that all rooms had a f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cmac1177
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are so glad you were able to come back and see our completed renovations on the hotel. With the addition of the Skylight Bistro and Wine Bar we feel we have been able to create a space where our guests feel warm, comforting and connected. Hope to see you again
VP of Sales & Marketing
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hosted a meeting for 250 at the hotel. The exterior of the hotel is deceiving. They've done a lovely reno of the lobby, restaurant, lounge area and the Tower Rooms are very nice. Ceilings are a little low in guest rooms in the older part of hotel. The event space is nice enough. But what makes this hotel worth it's weight is the people. Starting with Henry who "owns" your arrival. He is amazing at his job. He told me his job is to observe his guests and anticipate their needs. He is a sheer delight. Others on the event team shined as well. Brian, Dede, Carolyn, Luke - all great. Department heads are incredibly accommodating as well - Debbie & Thad. Honestly the staff are all polite & helpful. What the hotel lacks in asthetics/modernization it sure makes up with its people. I would definitely do another event here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara C
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. We feel the same way about them and when our guests notice it and take time to comment on them it only supports our efforts and we definitely appreciate it!!! We have shared your comments with the staff today and I can tell you it certainly made for a joyous Friday!!! They all appreciate the comments. We will see you soon. Thank you again, Judy Blattert VP of Sales and Marketing
Cumming, GA
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Little nervous as I got off the interstate and pulled into the gated parking lot, but all that melted away as I entered the lobby. Beautify renovated lobby. The room was newly upadted, as well (but a bit small).

Staff is wonderful, from the front desk, to the club lounge, to the dining room. I waited too long to write my review, because I forget the names of the standouts, but the woman in the club lounge was a doll and our waiter at dinner, treated my four kids like rock stars!

Food was excellent. Hotel was very clean. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We love it when we can still "surprise" our guests!!!! Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel and staff. We will definitely share your comments with our concierge associate...she will be pleased that she made an impact with you and your family. Hope to see you again real soon...Judy Blattert VP of Sales & Marketing
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent 2 nights and loved it! Had breakfast in the restaurant which was a little pricey for the fruit cup but the breakfast sandwich was great, and the coffee was excellent. The inner courtyard was beautiful and enjoyed the whole time I was there. The rooms were very nice, the bathrooms could use some hooks. But my overall feeling about Marriott East was I would definitely go back and suggest it to visiting friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our weekend bachelorette Soirée was fantastic. From the moment I arrived the receptionist was smiling & excited about my stay. The rooms were beautiful & what really topped the cake was Mr. Henry. He started off by ensuring the room fit out needs, our host told him how she was setting up & he not only made suggestions, he helped make it happen. He made sure we had the proper plates, and linens for the event. His smile & genuine heart really made the weekend special. It wasn't just Henry, every staff member that I encounter was very pleasant. I would pass up a downtown hotel and stay here anytime!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Travelnone
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our brilliant staff!!! We are so proud when our guests notice how much our associates care about their comfort while they are staying in the hotel. Henry is definitely our brightest gem and we are inspired by him everyday. His motto is ladies and gentleman serving ladies and gentleman!!! And you are right...we have so many other associates at the hotel that care about our guests!!!! We strive for 5 indeed!!!
Hope to see you again
VP of Sales and Marketing
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a surprise bridal shower event at this hotel. Not only was the hotel clean with excellent decor, good breakfast food and a wonderful night sleep-I had the best customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. I drove past this particular hotel plenty of times and never thought it looked as good as it was inside nor expected to get five star service. For the time I stayed there-I thought I was visiting another city.....Henry was the best concierge service provider EVER. Thank you so much for making my wedding celebration beyond what I expected!!!

Room Tip: ASK FOR HENRY to show you rooms on the 5th FLOOR south side
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeronna M
Thank you for your response!!! Our staff was so happy when we shared your comments and especially Henry. We know they are the "BEST" but we love it when our customers notice as well. Hope to see you for your 50th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations.
VP of Sales & Marketing